Ireland (7 Viewers)

The Americans didn't do this. Leave them alone.
We did this to our grotty selves.

All the Americans ever did for us was bring peace up the north by standing up to the Brits and employ half the tech sector.
Let them have a gawk. They're nice.
‘‘Twas a dirty forint did this particular one I thought?

But all the other vandalism over the years has been home grown.

We do do destruction of common amenities very well

‘‘Twas a dirty forint did this particular one I thought?

But all the other vandalism over the years has been home grown.

We do do destruction of common amenities very well
Yeah, he's a Romanian that had form for this up the north I think?

It's been strange listen to a lot of people including BlindBoy devalue what we have cos Americans like it.
Americans being a synonym for 'clueless cunts with money' in this situation.
Cos we're so perfect.

Anyways. Happy Friday.

Did the tour last year and it was deadly, its a fuckin shame.
Recently did a tour of crypts in Vienna and it was full of headbangers, one woman who kept interrupting to ask exact details of how everything looks/smells inside the urns, And some lad who tried to prise the lid off an urn to prove to his girlfriend how they were empty and it was all some sort of conspiracy.
I'm not really sure why I expected a tour revolving around looking at old dead fuckers not to be full of oddballs

Yeah, he's a Romanian that had form for this up the north I think?

It's been strange listen to a lot of people including BlindBoy devalue what we have cos Americans like it.
Americans being a synonym for 'clueless cunts with money' in this situation.
Cos we're so perfect.

Anyways. Happy Friday.

That's what I've read alright.

I wasn't specifically trying to target American's - I very nearly typed 'pawed by schoolchildren'

but agree with your point ..

Did the tour last year and it was deadly, its a fuckin shame.
Recently did a tour of crypts in Vienna and it was full of headbangers, one woman who kept interrupting to ask exact details of how everything looks/smells inside the urns, And some lad who tried to prise the lid off an urn to prove to his girlfriend how they were empty and it was all some sort of conspiracy.
I'm not really sure why I expected a tour revolving around looking at old dead fuckers not to be full of oddballs
I've done both. Michans is great, the tour guide lad was a legend.
The Vienna Imperial one is class, but there were no melters there when I went.

Have been to the ones in Paris and Rome. The one under st Peter's is pretty class. We had an excellent tour guide for that though, I know someone who did and had a poor one.

Back in the very early 90s my uncle lived in rome, and he brought an 11 year old me here.

I had seen so much baroque plasterwork at that point (he was a Franciscan) that I thought it was all sculptures, only afterwards was it explained they were bodies.

This was just before the beginning of mass tourism so we were pretty much the only ones there!

blindboy posted this, ref the fire in michan's, and pointed out that the remains in question are pre-christian.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there is an obvious dichotomy there, if they shouldn't be shared on social media because they're human remains, what makes them special?
i've no idea whether the footage shows horseplay by archaeologists or someone having broken into the site at night, say, and interfering with a dig. given the garda involvement, i suspect it's more likely to be the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back