Ireland (8 Viewers)

<COOL FACT 2>Old band the Null Set played an improv show in Griffith College in 1998 or so, soundtracking scenes from horror movies. Terrible. Saw Dara O'Briain poke his head around the door to see what the racket was, do his quizzical eyebrow look, and immediately disappear backwards through the door.</COOL FA nah, that wasn't cool>

My band was playing in The Mecantile and this guy came in as we were setting up.

1718183914661.png

But we was only there to see the Paul Weller photo exhibition they had going on

My (school teacher) dad was a great man for sunday drives to obscure historical places.
I've a vague memory of going to a church in laois with a (then open) crypt, and my cousin trying to sneak a femur home.
Think it was this one

actually checked with the dad - it was this one..

There's something fucking wrong with us

We have this utterly priceless stuff, and whatever manner of scrotes take glee in destroying it
This is the second time this crypt has been attacked. Along with tourists getting battered to within an inch of their lives. The menace on the boardwalk. Addicts everywhere.
I know it doesn't happen in Germany or Italy. I don't think it happens in France.
This fucking urge to destroy everything around us and a feckless police force and an apathetic public.

Dublin is a kip.

Fucking gutted about this.
Blindboy's podcast is about this. I doubt everyone will agree with him; I'm just over halfway through it and there's a good bit of 'yes, but' going on in my head.

Oh ffs, so if some header off his nut with a rake of previous convictions destroys the Book of Kells, we can't be mad, cos Americans like it and they're just soulless cunts we need money off of
And the real crime is capitalism and tourism
Crimes against property are just imagined vrimes against our middle class sensibilities
It's the system that should be on trial

If you're a homeless drug addict on a crime spree and constantly up in front of the courts, you shouldn't be on the fucking street
This guy got his story straight in court and he left the note cos it was all over the fucking news

I mean there's empathy on one hand, and then there's well just let the addicts do what they want cos life is unfair

Jesus

Oh ffs, so if some header off his nut with a rake of previous convictions destroys the Book of Kells, we can't be mad, cos Americans like it and they're just soulless cunts we need money off of
Crimes against property are just imagined vrimes against our middle class sensibilities

If you're a homeless drug addict on a crime spree and constantly up in front of the courts, you shouldn't be on the fucking street
This guy got his story straight in court and he left the note cos it was all over the fucking news

I mean there's empathy on one hand, and then there's well just let the addicts do what they want cos life is unfair

Jesus

Youll end up looking like Jeremy beadle with those unequal two hands

Jesus
Sorry
I am paraphrasing his argument there

Still mad about this

Like a dope

i agree he got it wrong; well, i disagree with his conclusions enough to call it wrong. i'm not mad about it, though; i really respect the guy and he (to use his own words against him) kinda phoned this one in. he recorded that yesterday, without enough time to put together a more considered take. but in the end, it's just one opinion.
my single biggest 'ah no, that's too much of a stretch' was the pivot from the context of a church crypt to a museum exhibit which was too forced.

he clearly loves doing his podcast, and takes justifiable pride in having done one every week for the last six years or so without a break; but i'd be worried he puts too much stock in an unbroken weekly record. be wary about turning what you love into a chore...

i agree he got it wrong; well, i disagree with his conclusions enough to call it wrong. i'm not mad about it, though; i really respect the guy and he (to use his own words against him) kinda phoned this one in. he recorded that yesterday, without enough time to put together a more considered take. but in the end, it's just one opinion.
my single biggest 'ah no, that's too much of a stretch' was the pivot from the context of a church crypt to a museum exhibit which was too forced.

he clearly loves doing his podcast, and takes justifiable pride in having done one every week for the last six years or so without a break; but i'd be worried he puts too much stock in an unbroken weekly record. be wary about turning what you love into a chore...
The corollary of that is that with all his success, he's got invites to do all sorts - so he's off doing TV shows and docos and whatnot. And good luck to him.
Stuff gets squeezed.
It wasn't just a bad take. It was lazy, or one from a tired brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back