Ireland (5 Viewers)

I seem to recall the bomb squad in Fairview was a weekly occurrence about 15 years ago.
We've had our share of shootings and the pub around the corner owned by headers that barred the English queen and all
That young fella who was chopped up was found down teh back of our lane in a burnt out car. or bits of him anyways.
I don't remember too many bombs. But I'm away a lot.

Last edited:
There's something fucking wrong with us

We have this utterly priceless stuff, and whatever manner of scrotes take glee in destroying it
This is the second time this crypt has been attacked. Along with tourists getting battered to within an inch of their lives. The menace on the boardwalk. Addicts everywhere.
I know it doesn't happen in Germany or Italy. I don't think it happens in France.
This fucking urge to destroy everything around us and a feckless police force and an apathetic public.

Dublin is a kip.

Fucking gutted about this.

There's a crypt here and the bodies have dissapeared over the years.
It's not like dublin where there are a million people so there is a the one in a million chance that someone would take them, there's like 250 people here.

I know everyone is concentrating on the mummies of St Michans but it also contains Wolfe Tone’s death mask and the crypt of William Hamilton, the mathematician. I know none of this is material to anyone’s health or safety but they’re other important parts of our history. Hamilton in particular is a story that isn’t often told on tours of Dublin, not many walking tours going through Broombridge in fairness.

I know everyone is concentrating on the mummies of St Michans but it also contains Wolfe Tone’s death mask and the crypt of William Hamilton, the mathematician. I know none of this is material to anyone’s health or safety but they’re other important parts of our history. Hamilton in particular is a story that isn’t often told on tours of Dublin, not many walking tours going through Broombridge in fairness.
or East Point business park. I used to work in Hamilton House, named after him. A great honour, I think he'd agree

Anyone been here?

I went to a small music festival there twice in the 90s. Nick Cave, Patti Smith, Lou Reed, Tindersticks, probably some others. Don't think I went into the sky garden though

There's a crypt here and the bodies have dissapeared over the years.
It's not like dublin where there are a million people so there is a the one in a million chance that someone would take them, there's like 250 people here.
My (school teacher) dad was a great man for sunday drives to obscure historical places.
I've a vague memory of going to a church in laois with a (then open) crypt, and my cousin trying to sneak a femur home.
Think it was this one

Innit also where Handel first performed the Messiah?

Those mummies freaked me out as a kid, you used to be able to shake hands with one of them. Very sad to see them destroyed

nah, thats some gaff in temple bar isn't it?

You're right, google tells me it's where he wrote or practised it though.

Incidentally, the church organ is one of the oldest still in use in Ireland. The original was built by John Baptiste Cuvillie during the renovations of 1723-1725, and though it was later rebuilt, the original eighteenth century casing remains. It is thought that George F. Handel played it while he was composing (or at the least revising) his most famous work – The Messiah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back