Ireland (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile

Probably don't climb it like so...
but my puny ego has resented this path from day 1 because I've climbed it about 15 times before the path was put there, and then had to live alongside people who also 'climbed errigal' but using a path rather than pure raw stubborness diminishing my 'achievements'
Despite being able to see it from my bedroom window, I've never climbed it. Maybe this year.

then London based Kiwis at Errigal, 'cause they thought Donegal looked like NZ
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah, this has come up here before

Too small And new a country not to be still riddled with corruption. That and Throwing A colonial hangover in to the mix is our downfall
We are not a small country by EU standards though Ireland is mid sized in the EU. The republic is about the size of Switzerland and the whole of Ireland would be same as Austria. We are larger than Denmark, Netherlands, Portugal all the Baltic sates and heap of others were just not Germany or France size.

Some people I know who never would have made it pre-path got to go up it with the path and I can enjoy that they got that view that wasn't available to them before

As i said, it's my puny ego roaring into the internet :)

you're talking geographically larger though, i suspect he mean in terms of population.
portugal is 2x our population, NL is 3.5x, denmark is a little bigger.
in fact, all the countries you've explicitly named are larger than us, population wise.

We are not a small country by EU standards though Ireland is mid sized in the EU. The republic is about the size of Switzerland and the whole of Ireland would be same as Austria. We are larger than Denmark, Netherlands, Portugal all the Baltic sates and heap of others were just not Germany or France size.

population sizes are more relevant

I don't think those reports hold much water. Proving corruption is inherently difficult for the law nevermind graphlords
I think they're useful for measuring the relative level of corruption in different countries - that site has details of how they're measuring it here. There'll never be no corruption, but we're doing pretty well relative to most of the world (and even most of the EU).

Brown envelopes are not our main problem anymore - it's other stuff like the high status of property developers in our society and poor local planning and ineffective dereliction rules etc etc etc

... and, as @Deadmanposting says - our own lack of engagement in our society. If more people who are the right combination of smart and sound got involved in local and national politics, rather than leaving it to the pricks, we'd be in a better place.

Can't have a good ol' illegal hate-based intimidation protest anymore without someone calling the cops on you

Romantic Ireland's dead and gone

And for those playing along at home, the protest is ongoing but dwindling. I need to drop some stuff off to be recycled, would love for them to fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back