Ireland Voted best place in the world to live... (1 Viewer)

Anthony said:
That surprises me. Everyone has tattoos these days, especially wans.
yeah buh.. if it's anything beside small ones of roses and dolphins and chinese symbols, or black tribal stuff, it's still fairly unusual. i've had stares for mine. but more often people say 'nice tattoos' :) i'm great, me

So mean this isn't jane?

diclaudio1.jpg

When I came over in 1997 to do a year of undergrad, I came with this horrendous programme where we were forced to go on a 'friendship-building' weekend-away in Mayo. I was sharing a room with 7 other girls, some of whom were really nice and fairly dead-on, but a few complained about having to share a room with someone with tattoos. They said they resented being forced to associate with such white trash.

The rest of us made the remainder of the weekend incredibly hilarious for ourselves. But not for them. Oh, no.

The stares here are just out of curiosity, even usually in rural areas. In the US, except in major cities, people still shuffle their children away from view. It's funny.

let's talk about tattoos.. jane has umpteen.. george mcfly has two... hag has one/two.. i have three... who else?

she actually does resemble her a bit - she doesn't pull quite such a good face while chowing down on a tab, buh

broken arm said:
not knowing her, I imagine jane as the little smoking girl

snakybus said:
you call Jane "it"?
Yeah, "it', "that", and "?" are often uttered in reference to me.

It's funny how I guess I do look like my avatar, which I find incredibly surprising, seeing as that child has a fringe, and I was never allowed to have one as a kid. Which, for some reason, I am surprised people don't just know instinctively.

I don't have umpteen, but one is rather large. The one on my wrist seems to be the one people notice least often. I always think it's something to do with not really dressing in a way that suggests I have tattoos, so despite it peeking out from under my sleeve, people just don't notice.

I'd get one of the ones on my back removed if I could, though. It was a stupid teenage decision and I'm not too fond of it -- I regretted it not long after I got it. I've considered it a few times, but am still wondering if I'd end up feeling like I was trying to erase part of my history or something. In fact, the very large one on my other shoulder and my back was born of an attempt to have the icky one covered up. Because there's so much thick black in it, everyone I talked to said it would be incredibly difficult to do a convincing cover-up. One guy I'd gone to before suggested he do a nice custom piece on my other shoulder to detract attention from the other one, or at least to balance it out. I did, and I liked it. So I kept going back to get more added on to it. Next thing I knew, the thing was monstrous. But I still do like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back