Ireland v Russia (3 Viewers)

maims bond

Oct 8th in the Aviva, looks from the FAI site that you can only get tickets for this if you buy one for the Norway friendly as well. Am I right?

its true,think there was an announcement about it a couple of weeks back.seems to be par for the course now to bundle attractive games with the less desirable ones,that mortgage isn't gonna pay itself.thats not to say i agree with the practise.

cillian sheridan plays for cska sofia these days? sure, we're fierce cosmopolitan altogether.

It's a pain in the hole. It might be bearable if I lived in Dublin but being in Cork means you'd have to make 2 trips, one to watch a friendly. Of course, the market, in its wisdom, will decide....

I can see how that argument holds water for someone in Cork. But when Dublin heads argue that they only want to go to the big games, then they should really go fuck themselves, the daytripping, barstooling fuckwits.

i agree. sad reality is that i can't afford to go to either, so the idea of people having the tickets, and not bothering their hole...well, i mean, were we ever an interesting team? the amount of shite i've had to sit through. but it was ireland, so... so i have something to tell the kids.

BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG FELLA...
seriously though, I too have sat through some awful shite in the rain in bucket seats, travelled long distances for friendlies, and I'd do it every time, cos that's the deal of being a supporter. I also can't believe this shite about not bothering your hole to go to a friendly against Norway if you have a ticket. Go and watch your fucking team.

BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG FELLA...
seriously though, I too have sat through some awful shite in the rain in bucket seats, travelled long distances for friendlies, and I'd do it every time, cos that's the deal of being a supporter. I also can't believe this shite about not bothering your hole to go to a friendly against Norway if you have a ticket. Go and watch your fucking team.

thats the problem though,if you wanna see russia you don't have the option of not having a ticket for the norway game.people should be allowed choose which games they wanna attend freely not with conditions/extra expense attached.

I agree that it's a fix that you are forced to buy it. It's bullshit. But my response was to Maims, who said 'who would want to go'. Well, the answer is any real supporter who can afford it.

I agree that it's a fix that you are forced to buy it. It's bullshit. But my response was to Maims, who said 'who would want to go'. Well, the answer is any real supporter who can afford it.

I'd love to go see them play Russia in an important qualifier. Even prepared to travel from Cork and incur the expense involved. But having to do the same all over again to see Norway in a friendly is a bridge too far. It just means people from outside of Dublin will be less inclined to go. Friendlies that happen during mid-season are usually snorefests as well.

It's always been tha way for me and the auld fella as we block book our tickets in advance therefore have to sit through unbelievable shit to see all the big ones. My main problem is that when Mick was in charge you got a look at a few new players and really bizarre results (was anyone at the 4-2 defeat against Croatia that was a great game) but Trap refuses to rotate so there's no purpose to these games except to get the overdraft paid on the stadium paid quicker. Fuck the Norway game unless the team has new faces in it.

On that note Ward still starting for Wolves Coleman Played on the right wing for us in a defeat at Brentford in the mickey mouse cup that we never win any way because we don't actaully bother playing til fucking november. Fahey isn't starting for Brum except in the affore mentioned cup Doyle off the mark for Wolves Keane Ditto for Spurs Duff back in the squad. It's going to be a classic.

By which I mean scrappy 1-0.

For us though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back