Ireland needs a Nuclear Power station. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 95
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 6

Nuclear Energy-Whatcha reckon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capitalism and the Destruction of Life on Earth: Six Theses on Saving the Humans

this yoke says that replacing all the fossil fuel stations in the world would reduce carbon emissions by about 17% and we'd still be fucked ecologically.

the solution may be wrecked under an almighty pile of people screaming HIPSTER though
We would have completely redesign production to replace "fast junk food" with healthy, nutritious, fresh "slow food," replace "fast fashion" with "slow fashion," bring back mending, alterations and local tailors and shoe repairmen. We would have to completely redesign production of appliances, electronics, housewares, furniture and so on to be as durable and long-lived as possible. Bring back appliance repairmen and such.

Last edited:
I'm voting for whatever party reintroduces these

1280px-potassium_iodate_tablets-390x285.jpg

Capitalism and the Destruction of Life on Earth: Six Theses on Saving the Humans

this yoke says that replacing all the fossil fuel stations in the world would reduce carbon emissions by about 17% and we'd still be fucked ecologically.
I always felt that the problem has never been about what we are doing, but about how many of us are doing it.

A billion people could live pretty much how they wanted, to a point.
But everyone has to have babies and fill the world with nappies and teenagers. So now we're 7 billion and everyone wants a fridge.

I definitely like these ideas. Already doing pretty much all of it.
We would have completely redesign production to replace "fast junk food" with healthy, nutritious, fresh "slow food," replace "fast fashion" with "slow fashion," bring back mending, alterations and local tailors and shoe repairmen. We would have to completely redesign production of appliances, electronics, housewares, furniture and so on to be as durable and long-lived as possible. Bring back appliance repairmen and such.
Not so much HIPSTER as OLD

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha :)
But seriously though. Germany used Fukishama as a pretext to dismantle their nuclear program.
A basically landlocked country changing the core (ho ho) of their economy because of a tsunami half way around the world.

I thought they were smarter than that.

I always felt that the problem has never been about what we are doing, but about how many of us are doing it.

A billion people could live pretty much how they wanted, to a point.
But everyone has to have babies and fill the world with nappies and teenagers. So now we're 7 billion and everyone wants a fridge.

seems to be the crux of it alright.

I've had a change of heart.

In light of recent events in Japan and elsewhere I'm pulling a 180.

Fuck this radioactive shit.I'm prepared to go fully acoustic if needs be..hopefully it won't come to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back