iPhone (1 Viewer)

1GB data bundle... What a joke! The whole point of the iPhone is to use it with an unlimited data bundle... What is the big difference between O2 UK and O2 IRL which prevents them from providing it here?

They do an unlimited data pack if you have a blackberry - but I couldn't get them to give me unlimited data. I think it's time to change.

I just called o2 to enquire about the 3g iphone. In order to get one i've to pay my way of my current contract to cover my subsidised phone and get to a silver upgrade level - 300 quid - and then sign up to an 18 month contract worth almost 1500 in total.

I laughed when she told me this and she laughed back. Fucking comical.

I'll get a sim free one off ebay within a month, fuck o2.

Seems like the similar price plans from Vodafone and Meteor are about the same price, so what's the advantage of an unlocked phone?
Apart from not being stuck with the 18 month contract, like.

can you get the 3g ones cracked and still use the 3g?

Yeah but you'll have to put all the settings (gateway etc) in yourself.
Plus anytime you update the phone on itunes with a new firmware version it will be simlocked again and you'll have to wait for another crack to be released.
The cracks usually come out fast but due to the nature of them, the method of doing it changes with each firmware update.

I was comparing the price plan to the one I'm on with vodafone. Even with the 45 quid vs the 19.99 I'm currently paying it'd still be cheaper for me to switch back to O2.

hmmm yeah looks like i may have to restore my ipod and join the app craze..just downloading the new itunes now..

it really all depends how much they wana charge..

but they seem to be looking good so far..says in the description in the itunes download that they have a free app to control your itunes from 'anywhere in the house'..
more of this apple please..more of this..

yeah the remote alone almost makes losing installer.app worthwhile

almost.

the free apps look promising - from memory i nabbed AIM, facebook, BA flight tracker, currency converter. got the tripadvisor local recommendations one, but i think that's iphone only (it's location aware). all free, but can't install them yet tho.

new iTunes took an eternity to download.

edit: apparently firmware 2.0 is jailbroked already

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back