iPhone 3.0 (2 Viewers)

Hmmm...oh dear.

Looks like there won't be any stock shortages for the new iPhone launch next Friday if the UK is anything to go by.

iphone-3g-s-vs-original-iphone-regent-st.jpg

work gave me one of those Blackberry yokes.

The battery will handily last a week if you are easy on it, and 4 or 5 days if you are on it a lot.

Im thinking of buying an iphone when im in states in sept. Story with it? Can i buy in a store without having to sign a contact etc like here with o2? Unlocking - is it a pain in the ass?

I bought one on Gumtree last week. Jailbroken now but it was a bit of a pain in't hole. Awaiting new unlocky software. In short: yes.

Oh yeah - how is migrating from one iPhone to the next? Painless enough?

I just backed up my old iphone. When you plug in the 3gs it gives you the option to set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup. Hard to go wrong.

Everything is restored apart from music. Contacts, texts, safari bookmarks and cookies. Very easy.

The upgrade from a 1g iphone to this would be well worth it.

The new one is very responsive. Navigating around is a lot quicker. Apps load almost instantly. Games run a lot better too.

Im thinking of buying an iphone when im in states in sept. Story with it? Can i buy in a store without having to sign a contact etc like here with o2? Unlocking - is it a pain in the ass?

Don't think they sell the iPhone in the US without a contract. You could try ebay while you're over there though, bound to be plenty of old 3G's floating around.

there are none to be had in the shops at all now, and O2 are claiming they don't know when they'll be back in stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back