Interpol in Marlay Park (1 Viewer)

Davy Chase

anyone there? thought they weren't bad at all considering they were battling daylight and a fairly indifferent audience (well, it was a Coldplay gig after all). Kessler put in a good performance.

played all the singles from the 2 albums, Not Even Jail (i think) , Next Exit and a couple of others off Turn on the bright lights.

i wasnt at marley and missed out on the olympia but saw the 'pol in berlin before xmas. they were amazing as they were in the village in 03. i fuckin worship interpol.

Davy Chase said:
anyone there? thought they weren't bad at all considering they were battling daylight and a fairly indifferent audience (well, it was a Coldplay gig after all). Kessler put in a good performance.

played all the singles from the 2 albums, Not Even Jail (i think) , Next Exit and a couple of others off Turn on the bright lights.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yeh Joy Division are great arent they?

Quiet you! ;)

I could hear them fairly well from my house. Hearing them play really made me want to be there. I'd say they work really well in a field on a sunny day. And what a day it was!!! Still, sitting in the garden having a bbq and listening to them was the next best thing I reckon.

i was at that berlin gig also, the venue itself was so cool. kinda like zangief's stage from street fighter 2, i.e. the red girders all over the place.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yeh Joy Division are great arent they?

I don't get the Joy Division comparison at all.
They sound exactly like The Chameleons.

Ben Richards said:
i really like Interpol but they really really sound like "My Dad is Dead"

Who in turn sound like Joy Division its the musical Bermuda Triangle I tells you...

Sadly none of the aforemantioned bands sound like that classic most classic of tunes !!!!
"Bermuda triangle, look at it from my angle.." .|..| .|..|

the so 36? it was amad venue. i especially liked the punk bar staff. kreutzberg is deadly.

wild eyed said:
i was at that berlin gig also, the venue itself was so cool. kinda like zangief's stage from street fighter 2, i.e. the red girders all over the place.

aoboa said:
I don't get the Joy Division comparison at all.
They sound exactly like The Chameleons.

I've only heard the one Chameleon's track, Up The Down Escelator.... no idea who, where or when they're from. But I likey. Remind me of Wedding Present meets the better bits of early 80's US alt rock...

Are they worth getting an earful of?

I think Interpants are savage. Olympia gig was feckin amazing too. I like Antics but Turn on the Bright Lights is by far my favorite."Leif Erikson" is a smashin tune.
.|..| .|..|

ramps said:
i wasnt at marley and missed out on the olympia but saw the 'pol in berlin before xmas. they were amazing as they were in the village in 03. i fuckin worship interpol.

cool. leif erikson and nyc are my faves off that record. but theyre both amazing albums. interpol rule.

tripoli said:
I think Interpants are savage. Olympia gig was feckin amazing too. I like Antics but Turn on the Bright Lights is by far my favorite."Leif Erikson" is a smashin tune.
.|..| .|..|

I would have liked to have gone to see them but I just didnt like the fact that some of my money would have been going to chris(t) martin.

Pantone247 said:
I've only heard the one Chameleon's track, Up The Down Escelator.... no idea who, where or when they're from. But I likey. Remind me of Wedding Present meets the better bits of early 80's US alt rock...

Had a copy of Strange Times when in school but I haven't heard it in years.
Was pretty good though

Pantone247 said:

Script of the Bridge (the album that Up The Down Escalator is off) is great stuff.

Pantone247 said:

Imagine a more interesting Interpol :)

They've got 3 really good albums.
Script of the Bridge
What Does Anything Mean Basically
Strange Times.

http://www.thechameleons.com/

nlgbbbblth said:
Had a copy of Strange Times when in school but I haven't heard it in years.
Was pretty good though

Great album, it has 'Swamp Thing' on it, which was a big Capital/Nightsky favourite for anyone as old as me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back