Indian (1 Viewer)

Tonic is a cancerous mole. Blackrock should "Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

C21029.gif

In fairness, bar 22 is almost worse.
Blackrock hasn't been the same since "bombs" kelly and liam conway cleared out.
Bastards.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Tonic. Its a horrible spot.

blackrock is terrible for pubs. the only redeeming feature (though certainly not good enough to warrent spending much time in the place) is that the beer garden is tolerable on a nice quiet afternoon. its hell on earth inside.

Bombay Pantry is tasty but i find most of the dishes taste very similar. Its always really nice though.

spice cottage is good enough for a takeaway also.

nlgbbbblth said:
When were you there?
I had lunch in there a couple of times.

The owners have a similar type pub in Blackrock. Forgotten the name. Flashy but soulless.

god it was ages ago - when it first opened. it was fun for a while but most of the clientele were wankers. in the end they let me go because they were 'downsizing the staff numbers.' a few weeks later they hired one of my brothers to work behind the bar, where he did - happily - until about 3 months ago. ha!

their place tonic in blackrock is souless, definitely. blackrock in general is a black spot - and should be avoided at all costs.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Tonic. Its a horrible spot.

Stay away from the new macdonaghs by the way, you'll be disappointed...and angered.

I now drink in finnegans when i'm in dalkey, its ok.

Bombay Pantry is tasty but i find most of the dishes taste very similar. Its always really nice though.

Woke up at 5.00am and remembered the name Tonic.

King's Inn Dalkey - still open?

Bombay Pantry: New Delhi Housewives Choice..|..|

nlgbbbblth said:
Woke up at 5.00am and remembered the name Tonic.

King's Inn Dalkey - still open?

Bombay Pantry: New Delhi Housewives Choice..|..|

Yeah thats delicious. Creamy chicken.

The Kings Inn is known as the Mingin'.

Bellatrix said:
Since the appearance of this thread I've had a constant craving for peshwari naan.

Have you ever tried goat meat? Janet Street Porter was goin on about it last week.

I've only tried it in indian food so its hard to make a real judgement.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Have you ever tried goat meat? Janet Street Porter was goin on about it last week.

I've never seen goat on a menu before, Indian or otherwise.

It doesn't sound like my thang to be honest.

Lefty Frizzell said:

Yeah I've eaten goat. It's all right actually. Not gonna rock your world but perfectly okay.

I made really nice indian food last night- chickpea, courgette and cheddar cheese patties with a lime and tomato chutney. Need to work on the consistency of the patties though..

Sorry, goats, carry on.....
nz02_lr01.jpg

ut-p.jpg

Bellatrix said:
Since the appearance of this thread I've had a constant craving for peshwari naan.

Bizarre coincidence but about three replies into this thread I had the same craving but I couldn't for the life of me think of the name of the naan. They make it sooooooo good in Jaipur (on Georges St anyway).
mmmm

Bellatrix said:
I've never seen goat on a menu before, Indian or otherwise.

It doesn't sound like my thang to be honest.

Its GRRROAT! Had it a few times in Greece and most recently in the guise of Authentic Jamaican Curried Goat, in Oxford randomly enough. Not completely dissimilar to lamb, quite dissimilar to Kellog's Frosties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back