In Search of The Pope's Children (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 6
mcwilliams.jpg
obrien-conan.jpg

Hot this season

TWAT HAIR

isn't the baby belt a reference to the area outside Dublin (Skerries, Donabate, Swords, Navan, Meath, Lucan all the way down to Wicklow) where middle class people move when they have kids?

That's accurate enough, and it wouldn't include Northside Shopping Centre

I still think this was a whole bunch of facile guff. Interesting about Ashbourne more than doubling in size though. 120 births for every 20 deaths? We shall fill the earth like locusts.

There are surely some interesting things going on in the demographics of this country, most palpable just outside Dublin where every former one-horse town now has strip malls and housing estates to the horizon. However you don't need to make up bullshitty new terms like "snackboxer" to describe their inhabitants. For a more solid and better informed take on some of the changes in our society have a gander at Frank McDonald's last few books, Chaos at the Crossroads and The Construction of Dublin.

isn't the baby belt a reference to the area outside Dublin (Skerries, Donabate, Swords, Navan, Meath, Lucan all the way down to Wicklow) where middle class people move when they have kids?

That's accurate enough, and it wouldn't include Northside Shopping Centre

I still think this was a whole bunch of facile guff.

did he discuss why this happened? Cause property bastard specualtors have driven the price of living anywhere less then an hour way from the city centre a finacnial impossibility?

Did he scream this at the top of his voice as the rain hammered down around the dark alley way he was standing, ripping the shirt off his back and swearing the he would avenge us all from the evil money grabbing bastard who'd rather see us live in cages then worry their profit margin?

Or did he just make up another not at all amusing name reducing another group of real people with hope, fears and emotions to a clicky buzz word so it doesn't feel so bad when you dismiss them all?

I think it's obvious that none of us could be considered as being in the same "demographic" as McWilliams.

Can someone ask him to make up a name for informed people who don't like his bullshit?

heh

no category for pricks in his book. I found it dismissive, irritating, condescending and sweeping.

just because he can afford to live in _______ (south Dublin?)

Killiney, if I remember correctly from his debate with Joe Higgins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back