In defence of hipsters (4 Viewers)

Is this the classic North
Some of it is.

Some areas on the northside are spiritually on the southside and vice versa though.
Also, between the canals is kinda the DMZ.

Yeah but you're from the Northside and Hector is from the Southside which is the source of your disdain for each other right?

Yeah but you're from the Northside and Hector is from the Southside which is the source of your disdain for each other right?

I have no disdain. I know nothing about him other than he supports Liverpool and I think he's married? maybe? I have no idea if he's even from Dublin.

He seems to not like me saying 'poor', probably because someone I know owns a boat.
Again, don't know.

The guy that owns the boat is a son of the Liberties, which is on the southside, but is not considered posho. So, you can see, it's a complicated, almost circular, topic.

Stop obfuscating the argument and if you are going to make one then be clear about it. Waste of fucking time with you and it took you 12 hours for that lame come back!? If you are going to argue with someone then stick consistently to your points, don't contradict yourself over and over again by beating yourself with your own fucking argument.

Here..take this line But I think your generalisation of leafy suburbs is as disingenuous as tarring and entire strata of society with the scumbag brush. You can't decry a perceived intolerance with an actual one.

Now compare it with this fucking line:

Generally
I'd say the more scumbag areas are in places like D4, cause those areas tend to be where the people that fuck over everyone they know live.

You just defeated your own argument with your own intolerant generalization, goodbye.

Particularly interesting that I apparently managed to defeat myself whilst simultaneously being two different people.

pgO50Ma.jpg

It could have been a dog?

I used to live in the flats, so can I still call people scumbags? What about skangers, are they different altogether?

That needs to be redefined.

If we're going posho vs non posho it's an east / west divide. Ballymun Finglas, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot all being west, while Clontarf, Howth, and D4 being east.

So just gonna ignore Ringsend, Irish Town, North strand, East Wall, Fairview etc etc?

So just gonna ignore Ringsend, Irish Town, North strand, East Wall, Fairview etc etc?
Exactly the way North/South ignores Tallaght, Clondalkin and Crumlin you mean ?

Anyway those areas are the "inner city" which is slightly different from being one side of the river or the other. Having said that Pearse street is unrecognisable now in comparison to what it used to be whereas east wall hasn't changed a bit in 20 years.

I'm happy enough to forget Ballybough. There's also Rathfarnham, Castleknock out west. None of these ideas work.

I'm happy enough to forget Ballybough. There's also Rathfarnham, Castleknock out west. None of these ideas work.
That's kind of the point. I'm from Paerse street/Tallght therefore everything South East of ether is posho land.

If I were from Finglas it would be everything north of there and so it goes until you get to Dublin 4 who genuinely believe that they're "not that posh because everyone in south county Dublin are waaaaaay posher loike"

I've always thought of Tallaght, Blanch and Clandalkin as West Dublin or even new Dublin. Being from Greystones/Bray/Letterkenny it's all pretty funny watching Dubs argue over who's part of of the city is less or more privileged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back