In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

jesus the hipsters are really getting stuck into harbo in the comments section.

i expect to find him tied to a stake outside brother hubbard any day at this rate..

It's all just clickbait

He knows using the the ol' h-word will get him clicks, so he just pulls something like this out of his hole.

In its fucking hoop it is
What's working class then? How does one become working class? Surely the term is anachronistic, at the very best. What's middle class? What's fucking class in this society? What are your definitions.

If you ask me we're all in the middle. There's some rich cunts, some poor cunts and the rest of us cunts. Again, everyone just wants to be labled. There's no cache in being working class. It's not cool. You are who you are, and you get judged on that. Anyone who deviates from that formula is a wanker who doesn't deserve your time. A scumbag, if you will.

Hipsters are the now version of rockers, goths, skins etc. put all the different fashions together and you're left with skinny jeans, left over from metal. Fancy javkets, from mods.. Biker beards, and so on.
Most of all, who cares? At least they're not scumbags.

This sounds to me like appearance rather than behaviour.

I've never once come across the word "scumbag" in the meeja. But I think your generalisation of leafy suburbs is as disingenuous as tarring and entire strata of society with the scumbag brush. You can't decry a perceived intolerance with an actual one.

No it is not. those guys who killed yer man outside Annabelles niteclub where soft soaped by the media. The perps where treated as victims. ''oh he was from a respectable family and he was going to have glittering career in law..a tragedy for all the families..God love them..feel sorry for them'' Wher-as something like that happens outside the Oasis in Cabra..the ,media will tell you its was down the road from where the Don was shot to death, an area of high unemployment, drug problems etc etc Don't be confusing perception with intolerance, I have many friends from 'good' areas who believe its a good thing that these ''scumbags'' are culling each other and they all think that these areas are ''scumbag'' areas.

No it is not. those guys who killed yer man outside Annabelles niteclub where soft soaped by the media. The perps where treated as victims. ''oh he was from a respectable family and he was going to have glittering career in law..a tragedy for all the families..God love them..feel sorry for them'' Wher-as something like that happens outside the Oasis in Cabra..the ,media will tell you its was down the road from where the Don was shot to death, an area of high unemployment, drug problems etc etc Don't be confusing perception with intolerance, I have many friends from 'good' areas who believe its a good thing that these ''scumbags'' are culling each other and they all think that these areas are ''scumbag'' areas.

Let them kill each other off! In all seriousness though, people are always going to judge- that is simply part of the human condition. The skewed media reporting of that case and the way it was turned into a tragedy of almost Shakespearean proportions as well, was truly loathsome I have to say.

Last edited:
I have many friends from 'good' areas who believe its a good thing that these ''scumbags'' are culling each other and they all think that these areas are ''scumbag'' areas.

This view had a lot of currency til the people with guns realised that they could shoot people with impunity and decided to kill Veronica Guerin.

Right, so you let the media provide a definition of class (instead of considering the media to be a total load of shit mostly owned by Denis O'Brien) and you have mates who are fucking stupid. Fair play.

Generally I'd say the more scumbag areas are in places like D4, cause those areas tend to be where the people that fuck over everyone they know live.

Yeah, fucking poshos, they're the cause of all this. Coming on thumped and calling working class people scumbags. They're all at it in their leafy suburban houses like... the one I'm living in? Wait, am I middle class? Am I posho? Do I think politicians and bankers are sound and people in tracksuits are scumbags? Fuck. Tell me again how we're all supposed to think. I mean postal codes must mean something other than where your letters go, right?

Which one?
299px-The-Magical-Numbers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back