In defence of hipsters (2 Viewers)

Well, they had Sazerac, Old Overholt, Rittenhouse, Templeton and Whistlepig.

You'd be riding pretty low in the saddle after a few of those.

I remember having a couple of drinks called Bison kicks in there one night. I can't remember what was in them but they tasted lovely and I ended up pretty hammered.

I walked past a tattoo parlour after 10 last night, and there was someone in there getting "inked". I wondered to myself, who desperately needs a tat on a Monday night and had a goo. Guess what I saw.

Yup, regulation, off the peg Hip young man. With all accoutrements in place: hip-hitler hair, pointed beard. That fucking shirt.

"What kind of tattoo would you like, sir?"
"something vaguely ironic that will look ridiculous in ten to fifteen years time."
"Of course, sir. You know you can spend a small fortune getting it painfully removed when you finally decide you look like an eejit."
"Don't worry, my inky friend, I have a start up."
"Oh, very good, sir. I Like your shirt."
"Oh, this thing? I saw everyone else wearing exactly this shirt and I thought to myself, how can I look like everyone else. Except different in some way. I know! I'll get the fucking shirt that everyone has, but I'll get a tattoo to express my individuality!"
"You know in some cultures they express individuality in words and deeds."
"Fuck those guys."
"Agreed. Losers."

I walked past a tattoo parlour after 10 last night, and there was someone in there getting "inked". I wondered to myself, who desperately needs a tat on a Monday night and had a goo. Guess what I saw.

Yup, regulation, off the peg Hip young man. With all accoutrements in place: hip-hitler hair, pointed beard. That fucking shirt.

"What kind of tattoo would you like, sir?"
"something vaguely ironic that will look ridiculous in ten to fifteen years time."
"Of course, sir. You know you can spend a small fortune getting it painfully removed when you finally decide you look like an eejit."
"Don't worry, my inky friend, I have a start up."
"Oh, very good, sir. I Like your shirt."
"Oh, this thing? I saw everyone else wearing exactly this shirt and I thought to myself, how can I look like everyone else. Except different in some way. I know! I'll get the fucking shirt that everyone has, but I'll get a tattoo to express my individuality!"
"You know in some cultures they express individuality in words and deeds."
"Fuck those guys."
"Agreed. Losers."

I need one of these shirts. Where can I get one of these shirts?

Probably knew the guy in the tattoo place if it was that late.

After hours is usually for mates.
If one of his mates looks like that, then all of his mates look like that.

"Hey! Cyrille"
"Um. Yes. Cyrille."
"I recognised you from that fucking shirt and the beard and the hair. It's unique!"

It didn't look closed, to be fair. Door was open. Lights were blazin.

The hipster is a strange one though. As has been mentioned here they aren't into any particular music or scene. There is no gang mentality at work as far as I can see.

The quiff and beard is a 'strong' look. How can a guy think, "he looks good I will also get a quiff and beard"?

I can understand having long hair to be part of the metal scene or shaving it to be a part of the skinhead scene but hipsters aren't really anything other than 'trendy'

It perplexes me

The hipster is a strange one though. As has been mentioned here they aren't into any particular music or scene. There is no gang mentality at work as far as I can see.

The quiff and beard is a 'strong' look. How can a guy think, "he looks good I will also get a quiff and beard"?

I can understand having long hair to be part of the metal scene or shaving it to be a part of the skinhead scene but hipsters aren't really anything other than 'trendy'

It perplexes me

Trendy is a thing.
The internet killed organic scenes to an extent.
This is as organic as it gets now, I think.

They do be in there getting tattooed that time of night in Australia except they have the kids with them

Nothing wrong with tattoos, or quiffs, beards, penchant for vinyl, braces, doc martins, etc

but when you put it all together because your men's style magazine tells you to

then you are a knob

My brother got talking to someone in a pub and after a while it came up that he was looking for work. She suggested he look for work as a window dresser or stylist. Perplexed, he asked why on earth she thought that. She said " Well I can tell by the way you dress you obviously care about fashion and style " to which he replied "I'm a fucking skinhead!"

See...these things matter to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back