In defence of hipsters (1 Viewer)

A bit harder to slag if it's a gay lad breaking down the borders of gender identity with clothing rather than some trustafarian straight dude trying to shock.
I disagree. Suggesting that gay people are intrinsically less arseholey borders on homophobia, my frenn.

I thought being a hipster was having a Hitler youth haircut and wearing jeans that are obviously too tight for you? Irish arses were not made for this look. Oh, and the sad beard too. Hitler youth haircuts are the new dreads, to me. I instinctively know we're not going to get along.

The first post in this thread was in 2008. Surely what was hip then is old hat now. I want to know where we stand. What is a fucking hipster?

It would be hipper to have been to none of them. I thought that would be me, because I'm unhip, and I don't go out. But no. Half of them. When they weren't cool, though. Or when I was hammered, which can't be hip, right?

It would be hipper to have been to none of them. I thought that would be me, because I'm unhip, and I don't go out. But no. Half of them. When they weren't cool, though. Or when I was hammered, which can't be hip, right?

Being in them before they were cool is even hipper.

Has anyone told that joke about how the hipster burnt his mouth?

I'm into smoking food and got talking to the owner about how he does his.
Ended up with a tour of the kitchen, with all the kitchen staff proud as fuck of all their gear, took photos, everyone happy as fuck about how much we love the things you can do to these dead pigs.

That was a nice afternoon.

The Strokes have to be the ulimate hipsters...so sooooo sooooooooooo achingly cool.. esp in the vid for last Nite. That sooooo sooooooo soooooooooo achingly cool and effortless dance the guitarist does when he shimmy his little feet from side to side...and that hair...and Julian Casablancas s just got out of bed look makes being a singer look soooo soooooooooo achingly cool and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back