In defence of hipsters (2 Viewers)

I have no problem with hipsters at all. I hate ravers and soccer heads, especially if you were around in the late 80's & early 90's, extra especially if you were a rocker and when all your friends turned into ravers, you did as well. You are a spineless sack of shit. If you were a rocker who grew out of metal and widened your scope into other forms of music, not including rave..... that's okay.
Metal heads in the mid 90s, specifically ones who were in their mid 20s and drank in Buxelles and Fibbers were way worse than any raver or Football supporter.

You may have forgotten about the amount of bullshit posturing they used to go on with. But I sure as fuck haven't.

On the other hand most metal heads 5 years younger than them were a very friendly bunch altogether.

book-cover-eminent-hipsters.jpg

"Hipsters" is just how middle-aged people refer to young people they dissapprove of now, right?

Metal heads in the mid 90s, specifically ones who were in their mid 20s and drank in Buxelles and Fibbers were way worse than any raver or Football supporter.

You may have forgotten about the amount of bullshit posturing they used to go on with. But I sure as fuck haven't.

On the other hand most metal heads 5 years younger than them were a very friendly bunch altogether.

90's fibbers and brux metallers were a crowd of wankers alright.

They gave the metal a bad name

90's fibbers and brux metallers were a crowd of wankers alright.

They gave the metal a bad name
I could never get over the aggression and need to prove their masculinity.

"Yeah that punching each other in the stomach thing and bullying people on a dance floor is grand and all and I may seem mad skinny in my REM T-shirt, but actually I play centre half for a football team in Tallaght and have had sex, so I feel no need to prove anything to you. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to dance to The Smiths with a pack of girls while you can all slug it out and keep believing that Metallica are only going through a "phase". Pricks"

Good times.

Jazes..yer bringing back memories here.

I used to fucking laugh at the state of them in Bruxelles..they all thought they were extras in some movie about tough guys..only reason I used to go in that side was you could often score a bit of hash in there..meanwhile anyone with sense was in the other half.

I got a blown eardrum doing a gig in the other side one time.

the daily edge said:
THE ORGANISERS OF the controversially named club night C.U.N.T. have put together a montage of attendees who think they’re having their photo taken, but who are in fact being filmed.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could never get over the aggression and need to prove their masculinity.

"Yeah that punching each other in the stomach thing and bullying people on a dance floor is grand and all and I may seem mad skinny in my REM T-shirt, but actually I play centre half for a football team in Tallaght and have had sex, so I feel no need to prove anything to you. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to dance to The Smiths with a pack of girls while you can all slug it out and keep believing that Metallica are only going through a "phase". Pricks"

Good times.

You must have been insufferable.

1385653194541603721f1f457ca8eb3810d2af26bb8b2.jpg

ATP Doppelganging! - GuardianWitness

ATP Doppelganging!
This is a photo of Jordan (on the left) meeting a complete stranger at the Nightmare Before Christmas ATP in December 2011. No part of it was staged or planned and stands to this day as one of my favourite pictures.
that my sister's boyfriend on the right. or is it yer man on the left? i dunno anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back