In defence of hipsters (3 Viewers)

It's for people who are hip..see Lili's thread about and for hip people

no squares allowed

a-rocket-in-my-pocket-hipsters-guide-rockabilly-max-decharne-paperback-cover-art.jpg

What I did find amusing when I was last in Dublin was hipsters still wearing trucker hats. Which was a thing with hipsters in Brooklyn (hipster homeland) like years ago.
So there was this guy on the plane with me to NY in his skinny black jeans and white v-neck t-shirt and he did not take his trucker hat off the whole time, like he was so proud of the whole look.
It amused me, but I was also morto for him that all the other 'real' BK hipsters would make fun of him secretly or however they would do such a thing.
Anyway

What I did find amusing when I was last in Dublin was hipsters still wearing trucker hats. Which was a thing with hipsters in Brooklyn (hipster homeland) like years ago.
So there was this guy on the plane with me to NY in his skinny black jeans and white v-neck t-shirt and he did not take his trucker hat off the whole time, like he was so proud of the whole look.
It amused me, but I was also morto for him that all the other 'real' BK hipsters would make fun of him secretly or however they would do such a thing.
Anyway

Current look seems to be dressing like a character from the Fresh Prince; backwards baseball caps, garish polka dots and bart simpson shirts. Albeit mixed with Grimes purple and grey hair.

Not saying these are 'hipsters' or whatever but certainly it's a trend at the moment.

Anyway

You're just old enough to see it go around twice.

Back in the day I assume these guys were the very definition of hipster

something went wrong along the way

the same way R n' B has become meaningless

kramer.jpg

R_Crumb_lines_Drawn_on_Paper_robert_crumb_photograph.jpeg

I mean literally..the term has changed from what it used to be

What used to be "rythm and blues" is now a new type of music called with a new word "arrreenbee"

too tired to argue

see earlier post about coherence

Anyway

he sounds like an alt bro. i don't think guys like that usually end up at places where they could potentially be made fun of. he'll just find the Manhattan equivalent of Whelans and hang out with all the other alt bros and swag bros.

he sounds like an alt bro. i don't think guys like that usually end up at places where they could potentially be made fun of. he'll just find the Manhattan equivalent of Whelans and hang out with all the other alt bros and swag bros.

yeah I'm probably out of my depth here as far as bro taxonomy goes

alt bros are guys what are usually lads, that latch on to the idea of being alternative. usually by wearing stuff that is 'in' like the snapback hats. swag bros are the same except they appropriate elements of hip hop culture. alt and swag bros probably use the word "banter" and aren't really interested in music

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back