I'm going to miss sausages ... (2 Viewers)

Miss_Pork_Cuisine_op_800x600.jpg

Miss Sausages pictured here with the incumbent Miss Sausages

fuck sake, I just realised the pizza I had for dinner had ham on it

since yesterdays announcment I've eaten

1. Three Sausages, Two Rashers and Black and White Pudding

2. A Ham and Cheese Toastie (eaten while reading, for the first time, about the ban)

3. A Ham and Mushroom Pizza

I feel a little odd...

what's funny is that the porkgate affair is on the BBC news here. They suggested that it would affect food exports from ireland to about 25 countries so the idea of distinct origin is pretty unclear.

kind of like how irish manufacturers import small components from china to put then in slightly larger products made in ireland that are then exported back to China where these slightly larger components/products are put into even larger products which are finally assembled and then re-exported back to ireland where they are consumed by irish people....

It is pretty unclear all in all. But there's only so much that you can break down a pig into constituent parts for human consumption. It's not like a computer or a car or whatever.
As I understand it, and I might be wrong, all of those 25 countries will receive boxes of pigmeat that have an EEC IRL stamp on them.

But yeah, maybe if there was more precise tracing there'd still be some rashers in my fridge.

As I understand it, and I might be wrong, all of those 25 countries will receive boxes of pigmeat that have an EEC IRL stamp on them.

yea, i don't know. i was thinking about he meat coming into ireland. i suppose a lot of people assume all the meat they eat in ireland is irish.

on a slightly related point. i read and article a few years ago that showed that the components for one standard electric toothbrush can be produced in over 10 different countries and when the tootbrush is finally assembled the components have travelled "27,880 kilometers, two thirds of the Earth's circumference" -

that's complicated shit and food is no different.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,398229,00.html

It's getting late and I've to be back to the (pork)grind tomorrow, so I'll need all my brawn for that. Some of the posts on this thread look like spam anyway. Some of the posts have seemed rash. Others, rasher.
etc.

Yours,
seanc (of ham)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1:20

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back