I'm going to miss sausages ... (1 Viewer)

As a total guess, I'd say Subway porcine product comes from the UK.

But every meat product would have an oval shaped stamp on the package with the country of origin and the code of the processing plant. So everything is pretty traceable. Bear in mind that NI food would have the UK stamp on it of course.
In short, if you ask them, even the most indifferent Subway bread-jockey would be able to tell you where their meat comes from.

You guys think you've got worries, what about that wan on the news who had a new recipe for pork steaks and she's gonna have to wait ages now? Or yer wan who has to cancel her ham order?

SWEET PIGFUCKING JAYSUS, WHEN WILL IT ALL END?

I don't care about the recall, I'm gonna go play hide the sausages.

Just don't tell the Gardai, in case they send around rasher-sniffing dogs.

Oinking, writing this. Heaven has another breakfast roll, etc.

"The state's Chief Medical Officer said there was no need for the public to worry and that the government had taken a precautionary approach to minimise the risk to public health.
Dr Tony Holohan said the public should simply destroy what pork products they have in their fridge and freezer."

"The state's Chief Medical Officer said there was no need for the public to worry and that the government had taken a precautionary approach to minimise the risk to public health.
Dr Tony Holohan said the public should simply destroy what pork products they have in their fridge and freezer."

prod_bc_rashers.jpg

bang1.jpg

I can't believe that we look after pigs for so many years and this is how they repay us. From now on I'll never trust another vegetarian.

If any of you Thumpeders who are also newspaper subeditors are reading this, I will give you a shiny TWO EURO coin if you get "HUGE BLOW FOR PORK FARMERS" onto the front page of a paper. Or at least above the fold in big letters. KTHX.

TWO EURO.

TWO EURO and a packet of chipstix.

I haven't eaten a pork product since 1989.

Its a way to sort out the recession. If they kill off 70% of the population then they won't have to pay dole. Its genius, and in my opinion (since I'm not affected) totally the right thing to do.

see yas.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo, who amongst you thinks this is a Zionist conspiracy? Don't worry, no one is going to think you're a racist.

If any of you Thumpeders who are also newspaper subeditors are reading this, I will give you a shiny TWO EURO coin if you get "HUGE BLOW FOR PORK FARMERS" onto the front page of a paper. Or at least above the fold in big letters. KTHX.

TWO EURO.

TWO EURO and a packet of chipstix.

It will be a cold christmas for the apprentice pork boners.

How about these for headlines I made up:

"Ham Sham, thank you Ma'am"

"Aporkalypse now"

If anyone wants to leave me their record collection, I promise I'll take good care of it. I swear on a stack of hang sangiches I will.

Anyway, for those of you who were watching Law and Order last night, you would know that you have to ingest quite a LOT of dioxin to be poisoned from it. I dunno how many sausages you'd have to eat, but on the Law and Order, yer wan put a load of dioxin-laced cocaine up her rasher. You'll have to do the math from there, but it's really only a worry if you've done nothing but ram sausages into all the seven holes of your head since the end of the summer.

As a total guess, I'd say Subway porcine product comes from the UK.

But every meat product would have an oval shaped stamp on the package with the country of origin and the code of the processing plant.

what's funny is that the porkgate affair is on the BBC news here. They suggested that it would affect food exports from ireland to about 25 countries so the idea of distinct origin is pretty unclear.

kind of like how irish manufacturers import small components from china to put then in slightly larger products made in ireland that are then exported back to China where these slightly larger components/products are put into even larger products which are finally assembled and then re-exported back to ireland where they are consumed by irish people....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back