I'm going to miss sausages ... (1 Viewer)

sandwich_meteors1.jpg

"We're poisoned now"

is it the unfufilment of their ultimate destiney that we should grieve for?

I know what you're saying but i wouldn't use the words "grieve" or "destiny", I'd suggest that it again highlights the fact that the systems we use to make our food are ill conceived.

There's not much room for being existential about it and saying "sure they were were going to die anyway". What I'd like to know if the meat industry is ever going to learn from it's mistakes and realise that it is structurally and operationally unsustainable and something needs to change.

The pigs die, farmers lose income, processors lose income, distributors lose income, retailers lose income, we have to listen to consumers moan about the lack of sausages in the world and as always the irish and european taxpayer foots the bill to sort out the mess.

and there's me moaning again as usual.

sorry.

I've been milling the fucking breakfast rolls often lately.
At least I can blame the time bomb that is my liver on them.
Score!

i stayed in B&B in wicklow last night, when i arrived down for breakfast this morning i was told there was no pig to be had because of this scare. I told her i don't eat it and i'll have poached eggs. Then two germans came in and next this she's serving them a full irish with rashers and sausages. maybe she didn't like them?

So what would the deal be with say, Subway or somewhere like that? Where do they even get their meat from?

I'm paying a shiny euro if yiz ring the emergency pigmeat helpline to report a battered sausage.

Or if you ring them to ask if it was okay to eat that Billy Roll if you only ate the bit of it that was made out of bear face and left the rest.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. When it hands you Anne Doyle with a fridgeload of sausages behind her head, you make pork jokes." A man once said that, or maybe I lied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back