IFI showing Kubrick's films (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1

tim

This month. 2001 is on at the moment.
Anybody seen it, can they comment on the quality of the print????

This month. 2001 is on at the moment.
Anybody seen it, can they comment on the quality of the print????
Went to see it last night. There's a good 10-15 minute stretch where it sounds like the reel is flapping and it is very very annoying. They've a sign up in the IFI warning people in advance. Apart from that the print is fine and the soundtrack sounds incredible.

Is it running for long in there? Let me know if your planning on going
Tim, really want to see it.

Went to see it last night. There's a good 10-15 minute stretch where it sounds like the reel is flapping and it is very very annoying. They've a sign up in the IFI warning people in advance. Apart from that the print is fine and the soundtrack sounds incredible.

I'd say it's closer to 25 minutes of sound interference. And it's during the quietest part of the film too. Very very annoying. The IFI should change their sign which claims it lasts for "5-10 minutes".

Complained afterwards about it and they gave me a complementary pass for another film.

It did look fantastic though. Great to see it on the big screen.

I'd say it's closer to 25 minutes of sound interference. And it's during the quietest part of the film too. Very very annoying. The IFI should change their sign which claims it lasts for "5-10 minutes".

Complained afterwards about it and they gave me a complementary pass for another film.

It did look fantastic though. Great to see it on the big screen.

Yeah, it was more like 25 mins.
Really bad clicking sound. Bad enough that you'd wonder why they'd show it like that.

It did look great, but man that fucking clicking.

Yeah, it was more like 25 mins.
Really bad clicking sound. Bad enough that you'd wonder why they'd show it like that.

I asked about it too, they said it'd be the same if you went to see it anywhere around the world, that print travels around the whole time and has just been slightly damaged.
It is 40 years old, i suppose.

Other than that segment, it looked and sounded awesome i thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back