If you woke up one morning...... (1 Viewer)

I was reminded of a few more along the way there..

Chilli Peppers...I'll be in landsdowne road tomorrow with every jock and redneck in the country.

That travis song with the banjo
Most new order stuff.
That POD song..the "I feel so alive for the very first time.." song
ACDC

The one thing a few people said that they like which I definitely know I don't like are destinys child.. I fucking hate their music :mad:

Originally posted by Dan
Chilli Peppers...I'll be in landsdowne road tomorrow with every jock and redneck in the country.

The one thing a few people said that they like which I definitely know I don't like are destinys child.. I fucking hate their music :mad:

I'll be there too and New Order are supporting .|..| I always wanted to see them live, I'm more excited for that than for the Chillies :)

Yeah I do not like Destiny Child either (well... the music..... I mean ... If we're talking 'bout the asses..... *cough*....)

Originally posted by Alex

I'll be there too and New Order are supporting .|..| I always wanted to see them live, I'm more excited for that than for the Chillies :)

I saw them last year in Brixton and it was amaaaaaaaazing...
I'm not too psyked about this gig though, as I only have a poxy ticket for the terrece, waaay the fuck down the back...
I'm bound to be amoung a bunch of walls supporters screaming drunkenly at the top of their voices the words to Brewing Up A Storm...
Actually, I dont think I want to go anymore now...

I'll be wearing a rose in my hair and standing under the score bord if any of you boys wanna come over and say "hi"

I feel so extraodinary...
only a few more hours to go...
dig dig digadigadigadiga dig dig dig...
oh y e a h

the chilli peppers are prolly taking to the stage right about now... I left after New Order...
Probably the most depressing gig i have ever been to in my life...
I HATE big concerts...
New Order in the olimpia
New Order in Vicar st
New Order in motherfucking Whelans
and so to sleep, perchance to dream...
night

Originally posted by Ian
the chilli peppers are prolly taking to the stage right about now... I left after New Order...
Probably the most depressing gig i have ever been to in my life...
I HATE big concerts...
New Order in the olimpia
New Order in Vicar st
New Order in motherfucking Whelans
and so to sleep, perchance to dream...
night

Ian, why, why why?? You should have stayed. Things really picked up after New order. The chilli peppers were fantastic. I was fairly cynical before they played, but they really impressed me. I watched New order from the middle of the pitch, but got onto one of those low terraces at the east side for the chillis, so I could see them better and didn't feel so much of an OAP. I have to say I expected to enjoy New order, but they were shite, maybe they don't suit stadiums, but it bored me senseless. All that said, I think this will probably be one of the last stadium size gigs I ever go to.

The Chilli's rocked last night.....
I wish they coulda played for longer. The new songs sound brilliant, defo buying the album when it's released.
New Order had a tough crowd to perform to. The age of the crowd prevented them from knowing what a New Order was. The also suffered from poor sound and a poor performance.

I don't consider half the stuff claimed to be mainstream to actually be manistream. I mean Master Of Puppets mainstrean? c'mon try playing that at you next family get together and see how mainstream it is!

It is a very hard question to answer. I'm trying to picture my mother's 60th party and imagine what would go down well. ah, Simon & Garfunkel that's it!

I'm often reminded of a party I was at and a serious compromise in the music was needed. After much thought it was decided that My Bloody Valentine's Soon would suit everyone, y'know kinda dancy and a bit of a tune. Then it gets put on and it might as well be Merzbo!

(have i spelt that right?)

Originally posted by Tony Francis
The Chilli's rocked last night.....
I wish they coulda played for longer. The new songs sound brilliant, defo buying the album when it's released.
New Order had a tough crowd to perform to. The age of the crowd prevented them from knowing what a New Order was. The also suffered from poor sound and a poor performance.

Yep I agree there, the Chillies were amazing, especially Chad and Flea ...... about to throw my bass into the fireplace

*frustrated*

(He used a plectrum in a couple of songs though: bad thing, very bad thing...)

I'm not that enthusiastic about the new songs instead: they were fine and I did enjoy 'em but sounded SO nice & easy... I mean, had the feeling they won't be remembered for years like the old ones, you know what I mean?

Title of "HERO of the day" goes to the security guy who let us access the pitch even though we had stand tickets (worst seats ever, had to stretch my eyes to see the TV thingy...), that made a HUGE difference.

Very disappointed by New Order: well, all great bands played bad gigs, shit happens. yet the sound was shite, the audience very young and still cold...

However, balance of the night .|..| .|..| .|..|

Originally posted by sparse-icus

You feckin bass playing snobs sicken me with your finger mumbo jumbo.:mad:

Take it easy! I just think a bass sounds far better if played with fingers unless that sort of music does need a plectrum

would have loved to have seen new order,but my hatred of the chili peppers coupled with the exorbitant ticket price prevented me from going,although several people have said they weren't the best so it looks like i didnt miss much..
anyway,i just wanted to comment on this qoute,from earlier in the thread...

"but really, when you reel off lists like this, you're just praising producers, to be honest. max martin. timbaland. the neptunes. and they stole it all from warp fucking records. "-silo

i dunno where this idea comes from,but the notion that britney spears' producers are eagerly waiting for the next bogdan raczynski album to be released so they can pilfer all the ideas seems to be fairly prevalent in certain cirles,despite how nonsensical it sounds...there seems to be this attitute that if you say you like destiny's child or aaliyah or whatever,you are then obliged to sheepishly look around and justify yourself by saying something along the lines of "well of course i only like it for timbaland's production,which he ripped off from plaid" this is somewhat akin to saying its about time phil spector admitted he copied the drums at the start of "just like honey"for "be my baby"...surely it is logical and obvious that the avant-garde follows pop a lot of the time,and not vice versa?...there are numerous interviews with various idm heads talking about the influence of various r'n'b producers,just as people like kevin shields,kraftwerk and my bloody valentine have aknowledged the influence of the likes of the beach boys...however,i would be surprised to see max martin talking about how he was influenced by clicks and cuts or autechre ...the idea seems to be that the avant-garde is "above" pop,and thus it must be pop doing the ripping off(or being influenced,which is a more honest way of putting it anyway)despite the illogical assumption that someone selling millions of records would copy someone selling hundreds (not that this is impossible,but to assume it as the default seems absurd,especially given the evidence to the contrary)..the idea that pop is ripped off from warp is dubious at best,and when you look at the influence uk garage has had on the likes of squarepusher,for example (or,depending on how you view it,how much he has ripped it off)its fairly clear that the other way round is more usual...
now maybe missy elliot,radiohead or nwa has an album of reinterpretations of tracks by kid 606,lesser,matmos and cex on the way,but until then i see nothing to suggest that current pop rips off idm,and no reason to say it other than guilt over admitting liking "manufactured" music...
had to get that off my chest..
cheers,
robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back