I Thwart PS3 (1 Viewer)

CitySickness

Website
Visit site
Right so, Sony are sending me out a loan console later this week, with some of the launch titles attached.

What do we want out of this for DHTP? Everyone and their mother has a review of the first wave games.

ps3 online experience vs xbox live
xbox marketplace vs ps3 store
ps3 as a living room webternets browser / media hub
ps3 as bluray player
ps3 launch titles vs current xbox 360 titles

Everyone and their mother has a review of the first wave games.

Sure the dogs on the street know that.

I'd like to know how well the ps2 emulation works and whether the motion sensing six axis controller thing will become an integral feature.

how hard is installing linux on it / prospects for emulation under linux
why can't it talk to my PC like my 360 can?
why are PS3 games region free but PS2 games aren't

these are all things i was going to try writing about but i've been a little busy lately (you may have noticed)

here if you have contacts in Sony land get me a go of PS3 Singstar and i'll give it a proper going over - the inlaws are mad for it.

ps3 online experience vs xbox live
xbox marketplace vs ps3 store
ps3 as a living room webternets browser / media hub
ps3 as bluray player
ps3 launch titles vs current xbox 360 titles

No can do on the Xbox360 stuff, 'cos I don't have one.

I also don't have a HD telly, so the Bluray stuff can't really be properly evaluated (what could we compare it to, more to the point - who's got a standalone Bluray player in their gaff anyway?)

Browsing capabilities I can do, and I can compare it to the full Wii Opera browser that was released last week.

No can do on the Xbox360 stuff, 'cos I don't have one.

I also don't have a HD telly, so the Bluray stuff can't really be properly evaluated (what could we compare it to, more to the point - who's got a standalone Bluray player in their gaff anyway?)

Browsing capabilities I can do, and I can compare it to the full Wii Opera browser that was released last week.
get back onto them and tell them you need a loan of an HD tellybox so

I'm a really, really low priority for Sony at the moment – the mag has very little games coverage - so they're kinda just throwing me scraps. I'll see what I can do re: Singstar, although I can't see a release date for it any time this year...

I'm a really, really low priority for Sony at the moment – the mag has very little games coverage - so they're kinda just throwing me scraps. I'll see what I can do re: Singstar, although I can't see a release date for it any time this year...
what mag?

singstar is july in UK / Ireland & october in the US

Sure the dogs on the street know that.

I'd like to know how well the ps2 emulation works and whether the motion sensing six axis controller thing will become an integral feature.

Don't they just have a list of compatible PS2 games, which will grow as they update the firmware?

With the Sixaxis stuff, it's implemented in a pretty gimmicky way in Resistance, and quite a lot better in Motorstorm. But, going by the Motorstorm experience, I'm still not sure why anyone would pick that control system over a traditional joypad setup.

Don't they just have a list of compatible PS2 games, which will grow as they update the firmware?

With the Sixaxis stuff, it's implemented in a pretty gimmicky way in Resistance, and quite a lot better in Motorstorm. But, going by the Motorstorm experience, I'm still not sure why anyone would pick that control system over a traditional joypad setup.
I thought the motion sensing worked really well in Resistance. it's not like they shoehorned it in - it's quite appropriate, when you think about it. I found it pretty unusable in motorstorm buh.

I thought the motion sensing worked really well in Resistance. it's not like they shoehorned it in - it's quite appropriate, when you think about it.

I only played it for a short time - does it go beyond the "shake the controller to put out fire/shake off monster" thing?

Nope, that's about it - but that's a good thing. It makes perfect sense in that context, like.

I just don't like the look of the picture on any LCD tellys I've seen - and I've seen a few. The movement and colour range of plasma just looks far more natural to me. I know they've got their own problems with retention and burn and all the rest, but if I'm going to be forking out that much for a HD panel, it'd need to look better than my trusty ol' CRT warhorse.

I've a 720p / 1080i 40" samsung LCD with a 360, a PS3, upscaling DVD player, NTL Digital box & a PC connected to it. The resolution on an equivalently-sized plasma (1024x768 at most?) just wouldn't cut it for me. NTL is about the only one of these sources that would look better on plasma.

Got this Pee Ess Three fella yesterday. Could NOT BELIEVE that it outputs in greenscreen through an RGB cable. What's the message they're trying to send out here? "Buy a HDTV or fuck off"?

Also, Motorstorm is really cunting hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back