I spent my yoof in fucking Bray DART station MIXTAPE! (1 Viewer)

mickalphabet

I spent my yoof in fucking Bray DART station MIXTAPE!
Current mood:
accomplished.gif
accomplished
Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I've noticed a growing trend in music online of more an more people waxing lyrical about the whys and wheres of music they mix and put up... i often wonder are they wannabee journos mixing music, or wannabee djs writing kak.. but never one to buck a trend I've written some shite about my latest mix which i'm sure you'll find about as interesting as someone writting a 4 paragraph anaylsis of an Elephant Man track called 'shove it in her pum pum'.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]so here goes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This mix is a collection of songs that tell the tale of my yoof going to school in
a town called bray, about 10 miles away from where i lived, partially in the sticks. Bray has the shittest most depressing train station on earth and my most vivid childhood memories are unfortunatly of this grim, forsaken place. Surrounded by scumbags, freaks, sucidal commuters, lying timetables, agressive station workers and completely devoid of any sort of actual functioning transport, It is always raining in Bray Dart station. It always got dark in Bray DART station quicker then anywhere else. I also got ripped of 20 quid for hash there by a knacker i knew.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It's only partially saving grace was a small record store across the way called atom records, where all the drug addicts would go sell record collections they nicked from there neighbours. This however was just a cunning ploy, because THEY knew when you went in and every conceivable form of transport you could possible require would magically pull up and disappear before you could ask the price to have your robbed Screamadellica record back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Its now closed down.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Most of the tunes on the mix are self explanitory, except maybe the pass the Hatchet which relates to a story i heard of a guy who got hatcheted in the head at bray dart station and lived and by the Time i get to Arizona, which i put in because its kinda travel/segregation related but mainly because i think its a dope tune and i only finally got it on vinyl the other day. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]As you probably have guessed by now this is a deeply important project for me, I see it as a kinda Exocism of the demons of my past, so don't diss the mixing/skipping records/dodgy levels, I printed from the 2nd run (should have heard the 1st, oof) and could not have been arsed doing it again, anyway mistakes are good, you get sick of all these ultra sequed(even that word annoys me) mixtapes that sound suspiciously like they've been mixed by Deep Blue taking a breather from breakin Kasporov's balls. Anyway big up Johnnie Doobs for inspiration for this mix, check out his supa fresh 'I hate Bus Eireann mix', our time has come Doobs.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] So straight to Irish Public transport system's head. I present,[/FONT]
braydart.gif

brayddart_back.gif

DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE WITH THIS HERE BUTTON

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Some tracks that nearly made it in[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]dirty aul town - pogues[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]is it because i'm black - ken booth[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]nowhere to run too - the dynamics[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]deliver me from my enemies - yabby u[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Smart comments, ill wishes and nasty feedback expected
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]peace,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]t-woc[/FONT]

Jesus, fair play on getting inspiration from that.

I remember the pricks that drove the last 84 to Greystones would always wait until just as the last DART from town was pulling in (due to arrive: 23:59) before leaving (due to depart: 00:00), usually disappearing from view when you were halfway across that bastard footbridge. A typical vista:

953688353_b3cb72eb92.jpg

I'd murder a bag of Henry & Rose chips right now though.

Jesus, fair play on getting inspiration from that.

I remember the pricks that drove the last 84 to Greystones would always wait until just as the last DART from town was pulling in (due to arrive: 23:59) before leaving (due to depart: 00:00), usually disappearing from view when you were halfway across that bastard footbridge. A typical vista:

953688353_b3cb72eb92.jpg

I'd murder a bag of Henry & Rose chips right now though.

I gave up on the dart after a while and just got the bus all the way from town most of time. I also remember spending way too much money in Bray cabs for overpriced taxis to Greystones after missing that bus.

I gave up on the dart after a while and just got the bus all the way from town most of time. I also remember spending way too much money in Bray cabs for overpriced taxis to Greystones after missing that bus.

And then they changed the last 84 so that it left town ten minutes earlier at 11:00, thus cutting down on vital drinking time! I'll never forget the unbridled joy I felt when Nitelinks to Greystones started. What a feeling.

Coming up next: Reminiscences about the Finnegan's bus.

And then they changed the last 84 so that it left town ten minutes earlier at 11:00, thus cutting down on vital drinking time! I'll never forget the unbridled joy I felt when Nitelinks to Greystones started. What a feeling.

Coming up next: Reminiscences about the Finnegan's bus.

I'm still yet to get the Nitelink to greystones. Been on Finnegan's a few times but had a really bad habit of missing it and sleeping on couches instead.

My favourite 84 memory is getting into Greystones at twelve on a Thursday night and heading straight to La Trex for pound a pint. Well that and smoking way too much hash on the way out.

Bray dart station ? where do i start so cold and wet all the time.
there seamed to be a icy sea wind no matter where you stood.

on the upside i credit my ability to endure extreme cold to standing outside that station. it was so character building.

are the two rubbish shops still in the station ?

also henry and rose, best chipper in the area.

weird, i was sitting there the other day thinking about all the time ive wasted there waiting for the country train. now that the cinema is closing down bray is really going to be the most depressing place ever, except for maybe greystones.

atom records is still going, is it not? it just looks like it isn't and has peculiar opening times

now that the cinema is closing down bray is really going to be the most depressing place ever, except for maybe greystones.

And the Screen by the Sea in Greystones has closed too...(sob)...once they cover D'arcy's Field in housing estates the entire geography of my childhood will be gone...

Oddly enough, I've never got the Nitelink back either.

mick, you have opened a can of worms. The grimest place on earth, bar none. Anyone headin' to the P n' R ? Ston it, sound.

Howth Junction is considerably colder although not as wet.
But at least bray dart station gets a real name

And the Screen by the Sea in Greystones has closed too...(sob)...once they cover D'arcy's Field in housing estates the entire geography of my childhood will be gone...

Oddly enough, I've never got the Nitelink back either.

My gran's shop is still there yet. That place features strongly in every Greystones childhood.

This mixtape is deadly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back