i never thought i'd see the day... (1 Viewer)

danger

The new Dangerfields stuff with Andrew singing is fuckin brilliant.
"you rock, you roll, i wanna walk you home from school" or something like that....

Dangerfields just aint the same without the singer bouncing off the ceiling in his Grammar school uniform. Is it true one of them is a pig stationed in Sandy Row? Hate that.

straight from the horse's mouth, really.

From Plan-It-X Records:
Okay, I know there has been a lot of talk about the against me-fat wreckords deal. A lot of shit-talking and arguing over whether or not they are “sell-outs”. Well, they are going to have a record on Fat sometime in the future and they will also have a record out on plan-it-x in the future. So what does that make them? Double agents? I decided that it might be good to share with you what TOM GABEL (singer/songwriter) had to say about the deal to me.

“... i understand peoples concerns over fat wreck... we figured we would get shit for it... and it wasn’t an easy decision to make..... i feel stupid trying to justify it to people though... cause i guess i really feel like a lot of peoples concern over it is just rhetoric... or the fact that they don’t like some of the bands on the label... don’t get me wrong... i don’t like alot of the bands on the label either...and i don’t want to ever play something like the warped tour either... which i think seems to be one of people main things to say when they write about all of this..... fat as a label though really has nothing to do with those things... they don’t book tours for their bands... and they don’t write there bands songs... so if people don’t like something a band is doing it has nothing to do with the label. I also really like alot of the bands on fat though... like proghandi... dillinger four... the swingin utters... citizen fish (they are on honest dons which is owned by fat).... as a label i don’t see anything really wrong with them either... they are completely independent... they have no exclusive distribution deals with anyone... they treat there employees fairly... they treat there bands great to.... and they don’t require you to sign any stupid contracts... i feel like if people are upset with us doing a record with fat then they should have been upset with us for doing a record with no idea.... i just don’t see the difference.. other than one label being more "successful" than the other.... no idea still sells to hot topic and interpunk... no idea bands play the warped tour. I know people like to bring up the issue about the cds costing more... (of course if you buy a cd at a shitty chain store they are going to mark it way up... but they do that with any cd... i saw the crime cd in a chain store in providence being sold for $9...) I know that if you are buying directly from fat (and not at wholesale) they sell their cds for around 10-12 which granted is a lot more than plan-it-x cds... and i know how much a cd costs to make... but if you look at how many people work at fat ( they have like 20 some odd people who work there).... its not like there is this massive massive profit being made off of each cd individually...on a moral or political level i really don’t know what else to say...its weird going to the plan it x web page and seeing shit all over the message board about us being sell outs.” —tom gabel.

i also spoke to some other guy in the band and i'm pretty sure he basically said the same thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back