I know I'm probably slitting my own throat here, but... (1 Viewer)

100,000 copies of the CD will be distributed with the Daily Mail on Saturday according to the Apprentice preview on News Talk this morning.

100,000 copies of the CD will be distributed with the Daily Mail on Saturday according to the Apprentice preview on News Talk this morning.

wow!

They're also hitting al the media with them and I know of one other really big thing they're doing, but can't actually say... legally... well... I don't think I can...

Wish I'd heard that! What else did they say?

EDIT:

What time was it on the air?

DOUBLE EDIT:

So everyone knows, my figure of 400K, is based purely on what we were told by the Apprentice folks. It could be less, but even if it's just 100K, it's awesome and I'll be happy ;)

100000 copies is some fucking amount.If even half of them are listened too and even half of them like your tune your in business.In fact a lot less than that is all you need to hit like on facebook and yer on yer way.

I trust you have some horribly catchy superhit ready as a follow up single.Because I reckon you could clean up hai!

Edit..an yer such a liar with yer Four hundred thousand..I hate people who hype themselves up shamelessy

100000 copies is some fucking amount.If even half of them are listened too and even half of them like your tune your in business.In fact a lot less than that is all you need to hit like on facebook and yer on yer way.

I trust you have some horribly catchy superhit ready as a follow up single.Because I reckon you could clean up hai!

Edit..an yer such a liar with yer Four hundred thousand..I hate people who hype themselves up shamelessy

Thanks sir... insanelty we have an album worth of catchy follow ups... just struggling to get the damn thing mixed...

EDIT: I know, I couldn't agree more, shameless self-promotion is like the worst thing to happen to music since home recording!

is it really only 100,000 though? or is it 400,000

getttin fucked by the man already!!

IT's DEF more than 100K getting printed and distributed!

I don't know the exact figure, tbh, because they said 400K to us, but they also said some stuff I can't say at the mo' - well, until after the show - so... I can't answer that other than, apparently they're distributing 100K with the paper, and more in some other ways... plus of course the hundreds of thousands that watch it (and it's repeats)... and of course there's other coverage as well...

Calling bullshit on this, you guys aren't good with numbers:

According to O'Brien, an American ex-pat who teamed up with Elaine Doyle to form the hotly-tipped act in 2009, "something like 1500-2000 bands entered for this thing."

That's a scary amount of shit bands currently in Ireland.

Calling bullshit on this, you guys aren't good with numbers:

That's a scary amount of shit bands currently in Ireland.

Hang out on the Bands/Musicians forum on Boards.ie for a week and you'll see the DM got off lucky at that number...

Before I met our Producer Tim he posted an ad on Boards and got at least a thousands responses... and some of it would probably make you suicidal.

EDIT: Again, that number was from my memory of what the Producers said to us on the day, I can't verify it, but I didn't intentionally exaggerate it... 500 crappy bands is bad enough in my books...

EDIT 2: There WERE bands from across Ireland there on the day... one band which made it onto the show took the bus from somewhere way up north to be part of this, then were told they didn't make it (I think; basically they took the bus BACK home) then were called late on the first day and were told they DID make it and had to take the bus all the way back...

So it wasn't really a Dublin thing... not like I was expecting TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back