i have the MUMPS (1 Viewer)

I'm sure it was linked to something bad, I'll ask me ma when I'm talking to her and find out.

there are people who disagree with vacinations in general it could be that you're thinking of. They think that the small dose of the diseases actually could bring them on instead of build up your immune system to fight them.

Theres always a risk of that but I'm guessing they have to be safe for people to be getting them year in year out and not have a big debate in the media about them

there are people who disagree with vacinations in general it could be that you're thinking of. They think that the small dose of the diseases actually could bring them on instead of build up your immune system to fight them.

Theres always a risk of that but I'm guessing they have to be safe for people to be getting them year in year out and not have a big debate in the media about them

Nah nothing to do with the whole anti vacines in general, there have been big debates about the mmr vacine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1808956.stm

It was the autism link that I was thinking of. Either way none of the research has been conclusive so who knows.

i thought the mumps was for babies!

:(

"mumps" is a funny word though.

Mumps. hehe.

It must be international baby-disease week, I'm just coming down from a case of impetigo!:rolleyes:, which is a less funny word than mumps but makes people adopt slightly confused and worried faces when you say it anyways.

speaking of sylverster stallone, 'judge dredd' was on the tellybox last night. easily one of the worst movies in film history...

anyway, mumps. jayzis. that's rough. mejórate pronto lala! pronto!

-the doc also stuck me FIVE times before he hit the vein (for a blood test) even though it was right there in front of him. so not only do i look like i've been punched, i also have pete doherty arms. ah jaysus.

jesus, i know the feeling. i have deep veins and they always give up on one arm and start the assault on the other, so i end up bruised to bits. or, as recently, they go for the back of the hand and it swells like, er, a finger-impeding mump.

hope you recover quickly, lady.

it is. but after reading this, i hope the good people of thumped will go and check if they need booster injections for MMR or anything else random, because it's really not that fun and all it takes is one jab and you';re immunised for ten years. in any case, after you;
ve
had the mumps once, you wont get it again.

crikey i hope i
dont
get rubella next.

Hope you feel better soon La la. I had measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox before I was 8 and the mumps was the worse, hurt like a motherfucker. Measles were the best because I don't remember being in any pain, got off school and had spots on my wee wee thing.

i had mumps when iwas twelve, it was no fun. apart from getting two weeks off school.
impetigo is more fun. it makes one look pleasingly disease-ridden.

for fucks sake! obviously my MMR booster ran out. i look like sylvester stallone on one side of my face, ahahahahahahhahahahahha!!!!
-the doc also stuck me FIVE times before he hit the vein (for a blood test) even though it was right there in front of him. so not only do i look like i've been punched, i also have pete doherty arms. ah jaysus.
i thought the mumps was for babies!

Take this to the Self-Portrait board, lala. (He hinted. Not wanting to make fun of her or anything).

get well soon.

eh i know this has nothing to do with the thread but anyway plug how can you say judge dredd is a bad film i taped it, as it was on late then as i was taping it i watched it. i admit it doesnt have the best or most orignal storyline but who can forget the angel brothers or the opening sequences they just look deadly. its a visual thing sort of stoned tapes if you will. like "barbwire" film itself is shit but man them opening credits woohoo excellent im building a sweat here im signing off

I got the mumps from eating Cadbury's Turkish Delight chocolate (not Fry's, this musta been in the 70s sometime) - or at least that's how it seemed, was the first thing I puked up. I ate it while travelling in my uncle's lorry

The only thing I'd eat while I had them was chocolate biscuits. Get well soon, Lala, good job you're not a fella

I got the mumps from eating Cadbury's Turkish Delight chocolate (not Fry's, this musta been in the 70s sometime) - or at least that's how it seemed, was the first thing I puked up. I ate it while travelling in my uncle's lorry

The only thing I'd eat while I had them was chocolate biscuits. Get well soon, Lala, good job you're not a fella

For those of us who don't want kids but are scared of vasectomies it might be a godsend egg_.

I've never had the MMR. Now you've done scaaared me. Still, I hope you get better soon.

Have you had any of the things it protects against? I've never had it either but I've had mumps and measles when I was a kid so I'm fine. Dunno if I've had German Measles/Rubella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back