I hate pink floyd (2 Viewers)

Gilmour2.jpg

you fucking lash

**SWOON** thanks for posting that - i'll be having bold thoughts all day now:heart: :heart: :heart:

apparently he was a model as a lad. and he was in a groovy sixties combo called "jokers wilde". far out.

Yeah, someone played them around me earlier and I felt the need to express my hatred for the hippy shite. What do I like? Mainly listen to punk rock but i've a huge taste in music!

Well I can understand not liking them hating them is a bit much, I mean they were good muscians regardless of whether you like 'the hippie shite' or not.
What gets to me is overrated bands that can't play shit and everyone takes seriously; U2 and the likes.

Oh and whoever said Pink Floyd were no hawkwind, was that a joke? I've only heard a couple of songs but they were fairly poor. Think Lemmy is great and everything but....really?

apparently he was a model as a lad. and he was in a groovy sixties combo called "jokers wilde". far out.

I always thought it was note worthy that even though he effectively replaced Syd, or at least was hired to cover up Syds disinterest in actually playing his guitar at first, and even though Syd gave him the evil eyes and possiblyblamed him after he was dropped... Dave still played on and produced on a lot of Syds stuff (where was Waters? Prick...) Dave made sure Syd always got the moneys owed to him and Dave is still knocking out the odd Barret song at his concerts

not only dishy, but also a bloody nice fellow... the swine...

I'm always amazed at how mainstream the Floyd sound. The way teenagers talk about them you'd think they were ... I dunno, Sun Ra or something

Some of their songs tick some boxes for me:
Money - rhythmic riff with percussion provided by cash registers TICK
Brick in the wall - children's chorus TICK
so I like them

Apart from that they mostly bore me. Never bought any of their albums though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back