I got me tickets for The Dark Knight! (1 Viewer)

Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
IMAx sold out till Monday
I'm flying home this weekend.
Agggh
Not Happy
(Considering buying tix to Wales and Dolphins the Imax Adventure and sneaking accross to Dark Knight)

I'm pretty sure IMAX has assigned seating.
The one I used to go to did anyway. Only every 14-year-old in town would be trying that too.

Not to rub it in, but the one review I read that hated the movie - David Edelstein's for Fresh Air was thrilled by the IMAX experience
"the most wondrous visions — Batman's plunges from skyscrapers, bat-wings snapping open, unbelievably cool in IMAX "

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92624890

very low key release in the US last week. let's hope some good word of mouth will translate to decent box office.

Heh.

Possible sleeper hit of the summer.

I'm seeing it tonight. Watching Batman Begins at home this afternoon then to Burger King for a Dark WHOPPER® Sandwich, then the main attraction this evening.

It's on, baby!!

Is there still an IMAX in Dublin?
Is it still on Parnell St.?
They got a website?

Googled it but got nothing but inks to stories about how it had closed down.

Good, good stuff.
Nolan has gone hard at exploring what happens when shit doesn't work out how you plan it. The Joker is laid out as the bad guy that Batman's original plan and ethos has no provision for, so Bale has gone from being committed to confused. Ledger is strong without chewing things up and his early scenes are an absolute fecking joy.
For me there was a big Al Qaeda allegory running through the whole thing - and the Patriot Act has never looked so good in electronic blue and white visuals.

I could go on, but I won't. This is a fanboy movie, kinda an auteur's blockbuster - it's throrough though, you're getting the director's cut. Lap it up.

I can't wait for the third one.

She's a two-face. Pun genuinely not intended!

Sometimes i think she looks bleedin lovely, then sometimes i see her and it's some melty-candle face lady.

image.php

Batman has a new enemy. His Ma.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/arts/entertainment-bale.html
July 22, 2008
Batman Star Bale Arrested In London

By REUTERS
Filed at 10:06 a.m. ET
LONDON (Reuters) - Christian Bale, star of the latest Batman blockbuster, has been arrested in London on allegations of assault, media reported on Tuesday.
The reports could not be independently confirmed but, when asked if Bale had been arrested, a police spokesman said:
"A 34-year-old man attended a central London police station this morning by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault. He currently remains in custody."
The wording is the usual tangential way that British police have of confirming an arrest of a well-known personality.
The arrest follows an allegation of assault by his mother and sister, the tabloid Sun newspaper said.
It came the day after Bale attended the first European screening in London of "The Dark Knight," the latest in the Batman franchise also starring the late Heath Ledger as the Joker.
Ledger died of a drugs overdose shortly after completing the filming of Dark Knight, which took record box office receipts on its opening weekend in the United States.
Bale was on the red carpet with co-stars Michael Caine and Maggie Gyllenhaal in central London's Leicester Square on Monday night.
A martial arts enthusiast and environmental campaigner, Bale has also appeared in Batman Begins, American Psycho and Empire Of The Sun.
(Reporting by Jeremy Lovell; Editing by Paul Casciato)

Sun Newspaper headline predictions?

Batter-Mam!
Bruce Pain!
Batman Begins Beating His Ma And Sister On A Dark Night!

I saw it last night. I thought it was really good if a little dumbed down. I didnt really need the entire ending explained to me via an inquisitive child - "bad is good and good is bad but if you put it in a bad cocktail shaker and get a good man to shake it and it all gets mixed up then dont worry because everything is going to be okay". It's only a minor complaint though. Heath Leger is absolutely fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back