I Got Mackerel (1 Viewer)

dAndAn

Yo

My housemate came home from fishing yesterday with a load of mackerel.

Has anyone got any good recipes?

I was gonna do a thai curry noodle type thing buh seems a bit boring cos im always cooking that type a shit.

fhanks

Gut and fillet them. Put some tinfoil on the grill and cook. then use some vinegar to taste. Thats the best way to eat mackrel. my favorite fish.

edit: they are an oily fish so there's no need to fry them imho

Gut and fillet them. Put some tinfoil on the grill and cook. then use some vinegar to taste. Thats the best way to eat mackrel. my favorite fish.

edit: they are an oily fish so there's no need to fry them imho

Im liking the simplicity of that, ted. It's a go'er.

With some new potatoes i think......

Rapeh

Mackerel and bay - the way forward.

Dont prick about with mackerel - nothing fancy- nice and simple is the best.

I was wathcking a Julia child show on fish I downloaded last week. She had a coolway of presenting it. She would fillet down either side of the backbone from the back (ie not the belly side) she would then remove the backbone leaving the head on. She then removed the guts and gills. You are then left with a filleted mackerel head attached open on one sude only. She then caught its tail and pushed it out the mouth not of the fish so it looked looked some kind of gargoyle

mackerel is such a tasty fish.

rub some cracked pepper and chunky sea salt into them then add a generous heap of juice of a lemon all over them. rub it all in and let it all absorb, then bung them under the grill and once they're done, thank the powers that be for mackerel.

had a lovely smoked mackerel in Crosshaven on Saturday in Cronins, best smoked Mackerel ever.

try some chopped galic flat leaf parsely and paprika sprinkled over the fish and grill, very tasty

or try baking in tin foil with sliced orange and some of its juice. possibly add some corriander with it that could be a good combo too.

Thanks all.

I grilled those bad boys last night. Messy work chopping heads off and getting bones out.

Had them with steamed green beans & carrotts and some not so tasty spuds. Altho the garlic butter did make the spuds alot tastier.

Same again tonight but with some baby potatoes and more veg. Those Roosters were shite.

Thanks all.

I grilled those bad boys last night. Messy work chopping heads off and getting bones out.

Had them with steamed green beans & carrotts and some not so tasty spuds. Altho the garlic butter did make the spuds alot tastier.

Same again tonight but with some baby potatoes and more veg. Those Roosters were shite.

OMG garlic butter potatoes.

do you think my boss will notice i just salivated all over the keyboard?

or in the oven in tinfoil large mackrel, cherry tomatoes on top soak in. a sprinkle of black pepper(yum) and loads of butter ahhh fattening:)

Oh mammy!

I have a big fuck off bag of fresh mackerel and im gonna cook those bitches on a disposbale bbq, in tinfoil, with some bay leaves, salt and maybe lemon.

uh uh uhu hu hu huhuh uh hu uh uh uh uh uh uhu hu huhu uh uh.....

i need beer as well....TO THE OFFO!

unadulterated gutting, adding knob of butter and some basil and/or oregano and under the grill... heaven.

straight bbq-ing is also amazing. god made mackerel.

Anyone here ever try Gravad Max?

Yes, a norwegian friend of mine brought some back to Ireland after a trip home (I thought it was Gravlax tho??)

Anyhoo, it was alright, didn't really like the texture though of it on its own. We ate it on very dense homemade brown bread. Lovely taste of dill on it. Defo try it, especially if you like smoked salmon.

Yes, a norwegian friend of mine brought some back to Ireland after a trip home (I thought it was Gravlax tho??)

Anyhoo, it was alright, didn't really like the texture though of it on its own. We ate it on very dense homemade brown bread. Lovely taste of dill on it. Defo try it, especially if you like smoked salmon.

Gravad Lax is with salmon but Gravad Max is the same cure but done on mackerel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back