i dont care what you fuckers think but.............. (1 Viewer)

I love dem Strokes. They're the Kraftwerk of rock onstage though, so I didn't feel the need to see them again - speshly in the Point. New album is only half good though which is a pisseur after the quality of the first two.

I wouldn't like them if Albini went near them though, unless he turned them into the Big Black Strokes. Barry White got there first though I think?

New Album would be great if they dropped about four songs.

I actually enjoyed it in the point last night, made for a nice change to see 7000 kids going mental below us.

brian.html said:
See thats what I mean by referncing the blues.

Loads of the tunes are the pretty much the same formula/even riff to a point,but it doesnt neccacarily take away from the fact that the tunes are good.

I dont think they are amazing by any strech but if this is whats going to be on the radio,ill take it.

here Brian in yr posts are you talkin bout the strokes or artic monkeys?
Just wonderin.
i prefer the strokes tunes but would prob have prefered to see Artic Monkeys last night, least it wouldve been fresh and probably energetic.

Neither of them are anything special though, but as you said if yr stuck with a radio on they're about two of the better modern rock groups FM will play

clonan attack said:
here Brian in yr posts are you talkin bout the strokes or artic monkeys?
Just wonderin.
i prefer the strokes tunes but would prob have prefered to see Artic Monkeys last night, least it wouldve been fresh and probably energetic.

Neither of them are anything special though, but as you said if yr stuck with a radio on they're about two of the better modern rock groups FM will play

Arctic Monkeys

i :heart: the strokes and fuck the begrudgers
their first two albums are amazing...pop genius.. even if all the new album isnt great, the good new songs are droolworthy

last night was good but i thought they were a wee bit knackered julian is more fun when hes drunk
the crowd was good so despite it being the Point(less) i enjoyed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back