HWCH 2008 line up (2 Viewers)

For me, this Groom was good and it should win the Working Class Cup. The sound was big, real big. Very good.

Then I stupidly bought another pint and had to finish it quickly whilst some silly band of youngfellas pretended they were the Faces.
I wandered down to Meeting House Sq to get a schedule. Miserable.
Didn't know any of the bands anywhere so I sauntered to Andrew's Lane. My God, it was boring. Some guy with an acoustic guitar, instrumental pieces, loops, etc. Reminded me of the Andean pan-pipe players on Grafton St.
Then an 'art' 2-piece who had clearly not devoted as much time to their music as they had to dressing up nearly put me to sleep, so I left.

Then I stupidly bought another pint and had to finish it quickly whilst some silly band of youngfellas pretended they were the Faces.

that'd be the hot sprockets then
:rolleyes:

Didn't know any of the bands anywhere so I sauntered to Andrew's Lane. My God, it was boring. Some guy with an acoustic guitar, instrumental pieces, loops, etc. Reminded me of the Andean pan-pipe players on Grafton St.

sounds like chequerboard - normally excellent

Then an 'art' 2-piece who had clearly not devoted as much time to their music as they had to dressing up nearly put me to sleep, so I left.

kill krinkle club methinks

had a fun time in the academy, bands were really good (nice&loud). bit of a pisser it started so early, missed most of the first band.

I thought you were really good. Fiachra gave you a bit of an edge.

Be glad you weren't in Meeting House Square, it's fucking pathethic.

I'm glad we meet with your approval. I really enjoyed that gig, i did expect everything to go wrong, but luckily it didn't. On stage sound was great, and the stage manager was a very nice fella. good gear too.

I don't think I'll bother ever going to a gig at Meeting House Square again. Nice set up but the goddamn sound was so low it was hard to really get into it.

I don't think I'll bother ever going to a gig at Meeting House Square again. Nice set up but the goddamn sound was so low it was hard to really get into it.

At the same time it was much better last night than on Friday. It was at least loud enough not to completely ruin Bats' and Halves sets when I saw them.

The Vinny Club was fucking outstanding.

At the same time it was much better last night than on Friday. It was at least loud enough not to completely ruin Bats' and Halves sets when I saw them.

The Vinny Club was fucking outstanding.

Really? I stayed away last night. They must have notched the FOH up so. Oh well.

I thought you were really good. Fiachra gave you a bit of an edge.

:)

I found not being able to see the fret markers on my guitar kept me on my toes

The organisational issues are really lamentable, myself and one of grooms many, many, drummers wittnessed the discussion about closing the venue early to let The Academy start their club outside the venue while the first band was already on... why is that conversation taking place at that time?!?!

In saying that the stage manager was clearly under extreme pressure, greatly unhappy about it, but still dead sound.

Christ...Vinny should be given a sainthood for his services to rock this weekend...Adebisi Shank on Friday in Kilkenny and Vinny Club yesterday...If I was responsible for just one of those sets in my lifetime, I'd hold it well within my rights never to pay for lunch again.

.|..|

Tonight at Eamonn Dorans at 10.15 if anyone's around.

Little X's for Eyes were great! So were La Galaxie. The Button Factory is such a good venue now, a huge improvement on the oul music centre

I loved We Are The Physics last night, was going to give Meeting Hse Sq a wide berth but once the Scots were moved to ALT I decided to stay and those guys were an unexpected plaisir...

Like a manic cross of Help! She cant swim with Futureheads 4-way singing with good old mental punk edge and yes, they were even funny. Anyone concur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back