Hurrah for Structural Adjustment... (1 Viewer)

Cormo

Website
www.thumped.com
Up to one quarter of Dublin bus services are to be franchised out to the private sector from the beginning of 2004, Minister for Transport, Seamus Brennan, announced today.

The minister unveiled the plan at a meeting with the Public Transport Partnership Forum, at which he also said that the government has no plans to privatise any part of CIE but is to split the group into three independent commercial State companies.

He also said that the franchising would be expanded every year, but told the forum that the changes would be implemented in such a way as to "protect the security and terms of employment of existing bus workers".

Minister Brennan described his plan as "controlled competition".

The minister also said he was still considering an application from CIE for a fare increase and would respond to the request shortly, having considered it "in the context of a wider public transport reform programme".

my man on the inside says that seamus brennan is going DOWN soon for some dodgy shit thats about to be brought into the public domain, so maybe this tosspot idea will never come to fruition.

by the way, that cunt was handing out the certificates at my school graduation a few years ago (he's a TD in my consituancy, his office is around the corner from my gaff) and he fucking STINKS! i got within five feet of him and the whiff was overpowering. fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back