How To Stay Broke (1 Viewer)

This is anti-Irish

7) Don't Open A High Interest Savings Account High-interest savings accounts are for old people. You don't need to save yet. Or at all. You have that, you know, plan thing at work where they save money for you. And you can use your credit cards for any emergencies that might come up. So you'll be OK.

I've got 1-9 nailed!

Typical conversation round our gaff:
Me: You know how I never check my bank balance because I fear for the worst?
Him: You're an idiot.
Me: Anyway, I checked it today and I actually have way MORE money than I thought I'd have.
Him: An awful idiot.
Me: So in case it's down to some sort of mistake that the bank has made I reckon I better spend it all before they catch on!
Him: Naturally.

I budget very carefully. I have a spreadsheet and everything in which I allocate every single cent I earn to leave me with a balance as close to zero in my account at the end of the month.

I budget very carefully. I have a spreadsheet and everything in which I allocate every single cent I earn to leave me with a balance as close to zero in my account at the end of the month.
wouldn't you rather have a balance of thousands at the end of the month?

wouldn't you rather have a balance of thousands at the end of the month?

I'd be happy if I had a balance of thousands at any point during the month... unfortunately almost as soon as my wages enter the account a very large portion of them exit straight back out again. Being a grown-up sucks.

But my budget keeps me nicely broke without being in debt and makes sure that the banks don't make any money off me, either in interest I have to pay them or by investing the funds they're holding on my behalf - HA, take that banks.

I'd be happy if I had a balance of thousands at any point during the month... unfortunately almost as soon as my wages enter the account a very large portion of them exit straight back out again. Being a grown-up sucks.

But my budget keeps me nicely broke without being in debt and makes sure that the banks don't make any money off me, either in interest I have to pay them or by investing the funds they're holding on my behalf - HA, take that banks.
i see. the banks don't stand a chance with you around. best watch your back.

i see. the banks don't stand a chance with you around. best watch your back.

Well, they keep increasing my credit limit on my credit card - it's about 15k now. I think they're hoping to trick me into buying a round the world trip, or a car with it or something and then they'll have me trapped. They're sneaky that way, banks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back