How Many Games Does Houlier Have Left? (1 Viewer)

how many more games can liverpool lose before Houllier is sacked?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • more

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
I don't think he should go until they're out of the FA and UEFA, but in realistic terms he's probably only got a few games left to get some good results.

Seeing as they're already out of the title race, and pretty much on for a champions league place, it's hard to see what a new manager could do. I reckon they'll jump up behind him and shout 'boo!' once the season finishes. When he keels over they'll get a new man in. Anyone taking bets on it being Watford reject Vialli?

Not sure if it was a good Liverpool performance...just a particularly shite Man City performance.

When I saw the team on paper before the match, it looked like the weakest Liverpool team in a long time...Why no Riise or Baros for fucks sake? I can't believe Diouf lasted the game, my patience is gone with that waster.

Originally posted by Beanstalk
Not sure if it was a good Liverpool performance...just a particularly shite Man City performance.

When I saw the team on paper before the match, it looked like the weakest Liverpool team in a long time...Why no Riise or Baros for fucks sake? I can't believe Diouf lasted the game, my patience is gone with that waster.

shpot on Beany. liverpool deserved it but they still have no shape or invention. in the beginning they seemed to be playing an interesting 4-3-3 with diouf and mellor staying out wide and smicer in a free role but they didn't seem to stick with it for long (i think it was jsut to upset keegan's 3-5-2) - smicer seemed to get sucked back into midfield and it was back to the ould long crossfield ball from gerard to mellor. i'm not a big fan of diouf either but maybe he needs a run of successive games as an out and out striker - he just looks lazy and unenthusiastic? traore is a bag of shite and it amazes me that he's picked ahead of riise - its the whole french thing i guess. heskey was worse than useless when he came on. i think mellor and baros deserve a run together - could be a good combination.

but my question above really refers to the league form - there was an article in the Times yesterday that showed that if you take the last two months/10 games, Liverpool are bottom of the premiership. disgraceful.

The Sunday World claimed yesterday that Martin O' Neill is delaying contract talks with Celtic, because he is in line for Houliers job. I also heard a rumour recently that Houlier is supposedly retiring at the end of the season, due to his health concerns.

Its hard to say whats gone wrong considering there hasn't been a huge change in personnel since the start of the season, bar the absence of Henchoz and Hamann at times. Carragher and Traore are not the best passers of the ball when they do venture beyond the halfway mark. Riise should be starting every game, even as a winger if Houlier persists with Traore.

I put in down to lack of offensive midfieders, and lack of confidence. If they had sneaked a win at Highbury over the christmas it would have done wonders.

Look at Leeds...everyone was writing them off, and now they're 11th & contenders for Europe (and only 4 points behind us).

Hoolahoop-ee-ay will die and they'll continue to have his embalmed body on the sidelines, watching the matches goggle-eyed. He's a fag y'know? Himself and Arse-bandit Wanker. It's coz they're French. Maybe..... grrrr....

i see that liverpool are now chasing hakin "i'm a dreamy hunk" yakin of basle...he's a good player and deserves a run with a top notch team to prove himself...not liverpool though.
and do you remember yer man thats on loan from juve at basle ? ergovic i think his name is...he's a decent player. Basle are not a bad team considering ?

how many players in the liverpool squad by the way ? do they have one of the bigger squads in engerland ?

i see that liverpool are now chasing hakin "i'm a dreamy hunk" yakin of basle...he's a good player and deserves a run with a top notch team to prove himself...not liverpool though.
and do you remember yer man thats on loan from juve at basle ? ergovic i think his name is...he's a decent player. Basle are not a bad team considering ?

how many players in the liverpool squad by the way ? do they have one of the bigger squads in engerland ?

Liverpool could be a quality side . They have much of the attributes of a totle winning side . They first of all need to break from there negative style of play . If you watch United or Arsenal or Newcastle for that matter they constantly take risks by pushing players in to the box . They could have as many as eight players at one time in the box . Liverpool are so negative . They remind me of arsenal under george Graham . One player of true excitment and quality might just turn it around although they had one last year in Yari Litmanen and sold him . They fight well as a team but have a little too much dead weight . Diof , Smicer , Traore all lack quality . Id say sell them and buy good quality wide players . I feel sorry for Heskey . They play him wide . He puts in good crosses but if only they had a player like Heskey getting in on the end of them it would be great ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back