How Come everyone hates Kings of Leon? (4 Viewers)

i like them too. all the songs do sound a bit the same but still, theyre pretty good. ive listened to the new album a couple of times and i havent made up my mind yet... it does sound very well recorded - very clean but not overly polished i would have thought, like when the guitars get really loud the vocals drop way behind which i like, and it sounds fairly live as well for the most part. its maybe a bit too full sounding, i dunno. like with the last album it starts off with a deadly tune and doesnt quite maintain that standard but since all the songs sound the same you dont have to listen to them all anyway. i like the singing too, although some of the lyrics arent great

The first time I heard them was on Jools holland and they sounded really weak. Records are meh anyway, but they seem to suck the big one live whenever I've seen any footage on TV.

The Bucket is insanely good, holds down one note with a pretty basic riff on it for a good two minutes or so with maybe two 4 bar breaks for the "chorus" (aaaeeeeeighteeeeeennnn). Apart from that it's rolling drums and one pounding bass note all the way (apart, also, from the vocal double tracking on 'you kick the bucket', such a small smart detail). So when the "solo" eventully kicks in it's "holy shit" amazing, 20 seconds later and it's all over. One of the best non standard song structure singles in yonkers, back about 3 years ago on a good day you could catch this and Rise of the Eagle by 80's B-Line Matchbox Fellas (another mess of song that makes up for it by being amazing) back to back on MTV2 and your day was made.

Rest of their stuff is meh-heh...

I liked the first album, then seen them live and was really dissappointed. I was expecting them to be a bit livelier than the record but they didn't seem arsed.

The second album is pretty good but I wouldn't be bothered about getting a copy for myself.

Theyre ok in my book- wouldnt change the radio station but wouldnt buy the record either

In their defense one of their songs was being played in Tower one day and a little boy was going absolutley mental dancing to it

so theyre doing something right

I liked the first album, then seen them live and was really dissappointed. I was expecting them to be a bit livelier than the record but they didn't seem arsed.

The second album is pretty good but I wouldn't be bothered about getting a copy for myself.

Ha! Everything about this band is just about not being bothered really, isn't it?

They played a 'secret' gig in the music centre a few years ago which was outrageously packed and was one of the best gigs i've ever been at. I love his voice. It helps they are pretty hot i guess. Still undecided about the new song though. But it's growing on me. Just confused by that bass effect..strange one.

Cos the singer sounds like Droopy the dog. Seriously...anyone else notice that?​
droopy-wallpaper-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back