How cold can a house be? (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

Last night I decided to see how many sheets and blankets I have on my bed...

2 cotton sheets.
2 wool manky late 70ties wool blankets.
2 duvets.

Oh old manky igloo farmhouse... Surely its not healthy to have the place that cold!!!

Last night I decided to see how many sheets and blankets I have on my bed...

2 cotton sheets.
2 wool manky late 70ties wool blankets.
2 duvets.

Oh old manky igloo farmhouse... Surely its not healthy to have the place that cold!!!

My gaff is really toasty warm and I have 3 duvets on my bed...of late I've come to realise that this is not normal and I may actually be dead.

I sleep with my window open most nights. Even though heat is included in my rent, I rarely have it on. I like lots of blankets in a cold room rather than a hot room with no covers. I can't sleep without a cover.

I sleep with my window open most nights. Even though heat is included in my rent, I rarely have it on. I like lots of blankets in a cold room rather than a hot room with no covers. I can't sleep without a cover.

I do that in Dublin alright, get some what agitated if its not. Like to have it open down here to, but I learned my lesson on friday night. Horrible it was.

Did you grow up in a cold house, that could be the reason why heat annoys you when you sleep.

Heating is a sin in this house apprently. We have the fire lighting in the sitting room. I usually have one those heated bean bags for my feet when i'm down here to. My hands and feet are cold the majority of the time so it gets to me when i'm home.

My brothers actually lived somewhere colder than here, in drumcondra in the middle of the 90ties, they woke up with their blankets stuck together with frost.

The coldest house I have ever been in was when I was about 16 and we stayed in someones grannys house that was being done up, sheets of plastic over the room we slept in. Only three seat cushions for warmth. I woke up with no cushions, my friend had stolen them. There were three of us in the room, the person whos granny it was decided not to take my cushions as i'd puked everywhere from drinking that night and had just come to before we arrived. My friend stole them on me though. I woke up with four knees and sick in my hair that day, fell on a train track. Good times.

I do that in Dublin alright, get some what agitated if its not. Like to have it open down here to, but I learned my lesson on friday night. Horrible it was.

Heating is a sin in this house apprently. We have the fire lighting in the sitting room. I usually have one those heated bean bags for my feet when i'm down here to. My hands and feet are cold the majority of the time so it gets to me down here.

I don't know how anyone could sleep with a window open, I have to be completely warm and cosy before I can get to sleep with no draughts etc. I'm permanently cold too.

I don't know how anyone could sleep with a window open, I have to be completely warm and cosy before I can get to sleep with no draughts etc. I'm permanently cold too.

I dont feel the cold persay I just have very cold limbs and stuff. Lovely purple and red limbs. I should really stop smoking.

I grew up in a small house where my mother cranked the heat. I've slept with the window open for years. I could never sleep in the summer heat and even snowy nights I would need to open the window for fresh air. I swear you could melt in my childhood house. Sleeping with the window open has it's down falls though.... ex boyfriends can crawl in. ;)

I grew up in a small house where my mother cranked the heat. I've slept with the window open for years. I could never sleep in the summer heat and even snowy nights I would need to open the window for fresh air. I swear you could melt in my childhood house. Sleeping with the window open has it's down falls though.... ex boyfriends can crawl in. ;)

;) indeed!maybe thats whay I feel the need to batten down the hatches at bedtime!

You cant have them upsetting the heat balance. I suggest a rather large net. One of my ex's had a sweating problem (this is disgusting and ive been drinking) and one time I woke up with a heat rash. I feel slightly sick thinking about it, like how the fuck did I put up with it like!!!!

Ever notice that women's hands and feet tend to get colder before men's? It's because the external temperature at which men's and women's bodies begin conserving heat—called the set point temperature—varies by about three degrees.
When surrounding temperatures drop to a certain point, your body will conserve heat by shutting off the blood flow to the hands and feet, making them feel chilled. For women, that temperature is about 70 degrees, while men can hold steady until about 67 or 68 degrees.

I have the window open winter and summer, can't sleep in a stuffy room, yurgh.

I have to sleep with ear plugs in when I've the window open. I've no curtains on my window at the moment so my room is very stuffy in the mornings, but cold at night. I couldn't sleep without a blanket of some kind, I find I need the weight of a cover to be able to sleep comfortably ... Or something.

I have to sleep with ear plugs in when I've the window open. I've no curtains on my window at the moment so my room is very stuffy in the mornings, but cold at night. I couldn't sleep without a blanket of some kind, I find I need the weight of a cover to be able to sleep comfortably ... Or something.

My friend has to sleep with ear plugs in and the window open, she lives in the apartment below us, so when she comes home early from a night out she complains about noise. I'll sing freebird as loudly as I want in my own house thank you very much. That hasnt happened since before christmas though, think i'll start drinking buckfast avidly again when shes sitting her exams.

(jesus I was just flicking through the music channels and dave mustaine just said "this is a song about how many times ive tried to kill myself" sweet jesus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back