Horrorthon 2004 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The IFI is once again teaming up with the Horrorthon film club to bring fans a feast of horror and fantasy films over the long weekend of October 22-25.

This year’s event will launch with the European premiere of Dead Meat, which was produced by festival organisers Edward King and Michael Griffin and directed by Conor McMahon. Dead Meat combines the delightfully eccentric humour that characterised McMahon’s celebrated short Braineater (in which a hurling stick proved a handy weapon against a zombie) with more elaborate variations on the theme of fighting for survival in the Irish countryside after a ‘mad cow’ has unleashed an army of the undead’.

Another highlight is Tobe Hooper’s The Toolbox Murders, a brilliant return to form for the man who made the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. From East Asia, more chills from the Pang brothers in The Eye 2, and another superior sequel in The Grudge 2. The makers of Ed Gein and Bundychronicle a different serial killer case in The Hillside Strangler, starring C. Thomas Howell.

More amusing thrills can be found in the American indie hit Dead and Breakfast, starring Jeremy Sisto, Gina Philips and David Carradine. From the vaults, we resurrect John Badham’s underrated 1979 Dracula (celebrating its 25th birthday), Jess Franco’s sleazy shocker Bloody Moon (1981) and Umberto Lenzi’s cannibal movie Eaten Alive (1980). There will be many more previews and rare screenings.
http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/season1.asp?SID=68

Friday 22 October 2004
Dead Meat 20:30

Saturday 23 October 2004
Club Dread 13:00
The Eye 2 15:00
The Hillside Strangler 17:00
Dead and Breakfast 19:00
The Grudge 20:50
Eaten Alive 22:45

Sunday 24 October 2004
Fight for Your Life 13:00
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid 14:50
The Keep 17:00
‘Surprise Film’ 19:00
The Card Player 20:50
Bloody Moon 22:45

Monday 25 October 2004
Ju-on 2/The Grudge 2 13:00
Dracula (1979) 15:00
The Toolbox Murders 17:00
They Live 19:00
The Crow 20:50
They Live! On the big screen! Deadly!

woah and i was just posting on eirecore how THEY LIVE was my fave film of all time, fuckin hell gotta get into that, think i will cream myself during 'the fight scene' when its up there on the big screen, yeah!!!!!!!

Jesus, you dublin cunts get everything. By the way, do not go and see the eye 2, saw it his week and it was pants.

how can they have a horror fest and not show switchblade romance?

Latex lizzie said:
Wot? no hammer stuff?!!! halloween aint right without hammer.

Mc fly are ye with me on this?

cant wait to see they live on the big screen though. .|..|
yeah, i'm with the hammer
it seems to be a bit light on old stuff this year

the toolbox murders looks deadly though
the original is fucked up
i found it funny, kinda like a mix of police academy and driller killer

The seventies/early eighties was the best time ever for horror. I haven't enjoyed any films horror wise in the 90's 00's that I can think of of the top o me head. Can you help me in this regard???

Latex lizzie said:
The seventies/early eighties was the best time ever for horror. I haven't enjoyed any films horror wise in the 90's 00's that I can think of of the top o me head. Can you help me in this regard???
I thought ring and audition were quite good...

I think the japs have the horror thing tied down at the moment, although some of the more recent ones Ive seen are a bit laboured/unoriginal

Wavioli said:
I thought ring and audition were quite good...

I think the japs have the horror thing tied down at the moment, although some of the more recent ones Ive seen are a bit laboured/unoriginal

I haven't see audition yet. ring (in my humble opinion ) was poop.

is that house of a thousand corpses rob zombies film? I was gonna buy that the other day but it was mucho expensivo.

oooh..I thought that was only reserved for crappy rap videos with no plot?

Looks shite anyway. It was thrity yo's so there was no way I was gonna buy it. Anyone else got any solid recomendations? I'm paid today and off to the big city with a grin on my face.

definitely audition was one of the best movies ive seen in ages... Haute Tension is amazing.

Ring was fairly lame alright

And Grame will agree that jeepers creepers is a classic

Latex lizzie said:
really? I havne see it but it looked all hollywood and shit?
The first half of Jeepers Creepers is amazing. Then it turns into some shit monster movie. On the DVD, the director, noted pederast and LARGEST MAN IN THE WORLD says that he wanted to do another 'creature feature' like the universal horror movies. He should have just left it as some fucked up Duel/Texas Chainsaw Massacre kind of thing.

The only movie horrorthon are showing that I wanna see is Dead Meat. And that's just morbid curiousity.

And yeah, Switchblade Romance was fuckin' deadly.

Latex lizzie said:
90's wasn't the best time really for horror films

house of 1000 corpses isn't as scary as it likes to think it is. i didnt like it when i saw it at the horrorthon last year, but i've seen it on dvd a few times and i actually like it a lot more now

if you've money to spend, i totally recommend the amityville special editions
got amityville 2: the possession and amityville 3D this week, both well worth a look

the fog special edition is out this week too!

trying to track down this at the mo...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096117/
soundtrack is by Devo!!!!

hadnt even heard of it til the other night!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back