Hope St (1 Viewer)

nine (23 Apr, 2002 09:32 p.m.):
the voice of reason (23 Apr, 2002 08:31 p.m.):
fair enough about the long time reader thing. its not actually true.

people have been using infantile sexual expressions, stuff about gays, etc. on this board for eons

How do you know if it's you're not the long-time reader you originally proclaimed you were?And anyway,i don't know anyone who has used infantile expressions on here other than the people in question.

its meant to be funny like when people ring up the radio and say "long time listener, first time caller". still if you're going to concede that john was only having fun than you have to let the other guys get away with it to.

i never said anything about them not getting away with it,i just said to ignore them.And i wouldn't call their posts fun.

i have to say that i found some of their stuff entertaining

i have to say there is a certain humour in some of their posts.

as opposed to the usual banal/inane shit. e.g. how big is my record collection/my ideal bill/where i work etc.

So what do you recommend we talk about?

i can't believe that people are reacting so badly.

How can u not believe it??Have you read some of the stuff they have written?It's fucking disgusting some of it,and i don't think it should be tolerated.For example,gay-bashing,mother-bashing.None of this was in the slightest bit amusing,it was done purely to invoke a reaction,not for humour.

either a lot of people are really insecure, or they don't want their clique thing messed with, or they're just stupid.i actually suspect the latter.

You think i'm stupid?I presume i am one of the 'et al' that you refer to.What have i posted that makes me look stupid?I admit that i shouldn't have replied to their shite,but i realise that now and have appealed for a board-wide boycott on them.

the voice of reason has spoke(n) yet again.

In conclusion,i really cannot fathom how you can possibly see these guys as anything but assholes.They are purely on this board to fuck it all up,if you read their 'read it and weep locust fans' thread you'll know exactly what i mean.Again,don't fucking call me stupid unless you can back it up!

I hate to keep this argument going but there's no way i'm going to lie down on this one.(queue the gay joke)

in the couple of months that i have been visiting this site i have seen all that mickeylender, yr ma stuff from pretty much everybody. i don't think a couple of months constitutes a long time given the life of the board (however long that is). i think i can reasonably infer that if that shit's been around for the last few months, it didn't just fall out of the sky. their posts obviously were for humour: they'e laughing at you. how exactly are they fucking it up? every time i come here the board is intact. they messed with yr clique and wounded yr ego. get over it.

the pibblious one (23 Apr, 2002 09:11 p.m.):
Admin (23 Apr, 2002 03:06 p.m.):
But if it starts to get out of hand

Define...

It's quite simple really - I'm quite prepared to ignore the shit that gets posted in certain threads, but if it starts spilling over into other threads and/or pisses me off then I'll have to do something about it.

This is not meant to be a warning or a threat, and it's certainly not directed at anyone in particular - I don't expect anyone to fear my wrath* or anything like that.

It's just a statement of fact.

I will lock threads I don't like.
I will delete accounts that piss me off.
I will ban the IP addresses of companies / colleges to stop people posting.
I will start verifying identities before activating new accounts.

The sad truth is I spend far more time sitting at a PC than 95% of the people posting here, and if I have to do so then I'm quite prepared to take any combination of the above measures to stop this board being overrun with shit.

Trust me - you'll get bored before I do.

I trust this clarifies the matter,

pete

[1]* = yet[/1]

I might try out a new catchphrase soon - something along the lines of "You're banned."

I don't tend to post much on this board these days unless it's relevant to something i'm involved with and personally I don't give a fuck whether your friends post here or not,

ok i see how this works: because my opinions don't match yours that means:
(a) i must be in cahoots with the others
and
(b)i am wrong.
i thought that an underground irish music site of all places would appreciate freedom of expression/the right to dissent. i actually believe what i have written above so deal with that anyway you want. as regards my unfair criticism of you for overreacting; fair enough i was wrong. i was just trying to identify what seems like two main and seperate factions. you're absolutely right you can post whatever you want as can everybody else, so deal with that also. it just seems to me that people are tying themselves in knots over this stuff for no good reason. nine is a perfect example: when someones says "i sent yr mother down in flames" or whatever the odds are overwhelmingly in favour of it not actually having happened. ask yr mother if you don't believe me. its not personal and they don't actually mean it. this is a fucking internet message board, not the centre of the world (or it shouldn't be), so just relax.
in conclusion, i hope you can appreciate that i have been forced into playing devil's advocate to some degree, and i don't know any of you so this isn't personal.
good day.

for some reason i always thought i invented the word mickeylender....

One quick comment I have to make mr voice o'reason...(I REALLY dont wanna perpetuate this discussion any more)

guy1 posts: "yer ma and me...." whatever

that's fine and all

guy2 posts "My mother is dead"

guy1 respods "she was last when I was finished with her"

see? This happened and your defending guy1

ain't no "moral high ground" issue here.

No more form me on this. I promise.

So anyone else dissapointed with the Big Romance as I was, I much prefered Small Moments... Thought that was deadly...

Ian (24 Apr, 2002 12:06 p.m.):
So anyone else dissapointed with the Big Romance as I was, I much prefered Small Moments... Thought that was deadly...

I like David Kitt....no big problems with his music...or him, for that matter....or his family...they're all really cool people....

rumpus (24 Apr, 2002 11:55 a.m.):

guy2 posts "My mother is dead"

guy1 respods "she was last when I was finished with her"

see? This happened and your defending guy1

ain't no "moral high ground" issue here.

No more form me on this. I promise.

the person who responds thusly is one who is behaving the manner of an asshole. Me suspects that if she were really dead, telling it to the world in response to a 'yer ma' joke would be out of the question. And if she is dead its still that talk of a shit-head

billygannon (24 Apr, 2002 12:51 p.m.):

I like David Kitt....no big problems with his music...or him, for that matter....or his family...they're all really cool people....

Here Ram of Love...
I was just trying to get this thread back on topic...
If you re-read what I wrote... ah fuck it, forget about it this is fuckin bullshit

Ian (24 Apr, 2002 02:01 p.m.):
billygannon (24 Apr, 2002 12:51 p.m.):

Here Ram of Love...
I was just trying to get this thread back on topic...
If you re-read what I wrote... ah fuck it, forget about it this is fuckin bullshit

i can tell youre a real live for the moment, instinctual kinda guy. Typing as the words hit your brain *AND THEn* half way through your post! you decide to give up! spur of the moment indeed! (or just a facetious cunt?)

Here pete, why is this little shits Email not available? Thought you couldent join up without a valid account or whatever...
I dont think I want to come back to this bord untill were rid of these pricks...

Picture the scene... Your at home, your in your living room whatever, with a few of your mates, talkin shite, having a bit of a laugh whatever... geting things off your chest, sharing ideas, talking about upcoming events you might go see... nice relaxed, familiar terratory... somewhere you enjoy being...
Then suddenly a bunch of teenage loudmouth little bastards come in with their flaggans and stupid juvenile sence of humour... ruin everything... your mates politly make their excuses and one by one they leave... never to return...

Ian (24 Apr, 2002 08:53 p.m.):
Here pete, why is this little shits Email not available? Thought you couldent join up without a valid account or whatever...
I dont think I want to come back to this bord untill were rid of these pricks...

Picture the scene... Your at home, your in your living room whatever, with a few of your mates, talkin shite, having a bit of a laugh whatever... geting things off your chest, sharing ideas, talking about upcoming events you might go see... nice relaxed, familiar terratory... somewhere you enjoy being...
Then suddenly a bunch of teenage loudmouth little bastards come in with their flaggans and stupid juvenile sence of humour... ruin everything... your mates politly make their excuses and one by one they leave... never to return...

I could not have put it better myself ian(if that is your real name);).However,i have been toying with the idea lately of a massive wind-up happening.I'm not sure though.

I just hate it when people quote huge huge amounts of another post. It takes longer to download the thread.

I thought The Big Romance was really good except for the Private Dance song, that's rubbish.

hey.
i read thumped a lot and i think this has completley gotten out of hand.weren't people on here giving out last week cos someone posted and said that there was too much crap on the boards?aren't there people on here who slagged off the keds and stuff when they posted here posting their lyrics and stuff?and i mean they were only keeping to their own 'locust fans read it and weep' thread till others decided to post in it too.and i know that some of you will say well we can post wherever and thats true but then so can they.i just think its ridiculous saying things like im not gonna come back here till pete gets read of them.just dont read their threads if you aren't interested in your ma jokes and read them if you are.i just think thats it.to each their own.oh and the whole my ma is dead thing.thats the oldest trick in the book for when someone says something about anyones ma.i hardly think it was true.

if / when i get vBulletin y'all can make extensive use of the "ignore" function

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back