Hope St (2 Viewers)

john (23 Apr, 2002 01:22 p.m.):
snowt (23 Apr, 2002 01:11 p.m.):

Actually I was just going to ask you to kindly remove your mouth from my cock.

That must be a marvellously wide japs eye you got there poindexter; try sticking a dandelion up there...i hear withdrawl is a blast.

Seriously though...kudos on the cock/mouth thing - concise, considered, and very witty...you should do tv!
Jim Davidson is quaking in his boots!

Seriously John, as hip and with it as I'm sure you most certainly are, I really don't want you to tell me about any long, thin items you desire to stuff into my body; Dandelions, Cocks, Lubed-up Dildos.

Sorry I just don't swing that way little man.

john (23 Apr, 2002 02:25 p.m.):
I suppose a ride's out of the question then?

John,i don't want to seem like i'm telling you what to do,so i'll just say it in the form of advice.I think everyone on thumped would prefer if these guys weren't on here.
So,i reckon we just don't reply to anything they post.They will quickly grow tired of our non-responsiveness,and feck off to blight someone else.
I realised that i posted a reply to them just yesterday,but i knew straight away that i shouldn't have.I admire pete's relucatnce to censor them,and i think it would be better if we just ignored them to get rid of them.

nine (23 Apr, 2002 02:45 p.m.):
Ian (23 Apr, 2002 02:36 p.m.):
Ignor who now...?

Provisional list:snowt,morgen-vox,crazy dick,el pibbsterino,slurms macenzie,(ian?).

Yeah, I know i was being ironicalistical...

...whats wrong with Ian? It's my REAL name!

if a group of people want to post crap amongst themselves, fine. each to their own.

But if it starts to get out of hand i'll have no problem locking threads, closing accounts or blocking IP's. Even if that means blocking access to an entire college, university or institute of technology.

nine (23 Apr, 2002 02:33 p.m.):
john (23 Apr, 2002 02:25 p.m.):
I suppose a ride's out of the question then?

John,i don't want to seem like i'm telling you what to do,so i'll just say it in the form of advice.I think everyone on thumped would prefer if these guys weren't on here.
So,i reckon we just don't reply to anything they post.They will quickly grow tired of our non-responsiveness,and feck off to blight someone else.
I realised that i posted a reply to them just yesterday,but i knew straight away that i shouldn't have.I admire pete's relucatnce to censor them,and i think it would be better if we just ignored them to get rid of them.

Ignore this:
The Irish police force have put pen to paper to keep
them in tea bags until at least 2005.The
deal,apparently worth a staggering 5 million Euro,was
sealed in an eleventh hour deal at Garda Headquarters
last night."Well,it was touch and go for a while but
we finally managed to iron out a deal that suited all
parties",said Cheif Garda negotiator Tommy
Backhander...

Yeah Mr Nine, aren't you just so fucking funny. Y'know I would think that such an obviously hilarious iconocalstic satirist like yourself could take a joke.

Hey everybody why not visit www.squared.8m.net to see Bill Hicks' reincarnation come alive.

I have to go now as my pants are just soaked from pissing myself with outright laughter.

Cheers,
Snowt.

enter slurms, walking like that black guy from the old drifter ad, to the sounds of mark morrison's 'return of the mac'.
"what's up nine my nigga?"
slurms reaches out his hand to slap nine five (as if it was palm sunday).
nine awkwardly extends his greasy hand, but slurms immediately retracts and runs his fingers through his hair saying:" too-slow ne-gro!.. and hey remember g, make tea not love, lock flows not threads".

-peace out homotabz-

john (23 Apr, 2002 04:04 p.m.):
Yeah, I know, i was just in the foulest humour I've been in in donkey's yesterday...I don't even find that stuff that annoying; it's just...if you're going to try to be funny, at least sit back and put a bit of thought into it like...sorry for boring folk like..

hello there,
long time reader, first time writer. i didn't want to get dragged into this stupid bitch fight. there is nothing more depressing than IT guys spending all day on internet message boards, but i have to get this off my chest. there seems to be two definite factions involved in this argument, both equally peurile, but the moral grand standing undertaken by john et al. is particularly annoying. people have been using infantile sexual expressions, stuff about gays, etc. on this board for eons so i don't know why yr bitching out now. chummimg up with pete etc. doesn't give you the moral high ground. also i'm sorry to say but its undeniable. whoevers lyrics they were were fucking terrible. DIY does not, in my view, excuse shitness. if the guy is happy with them fair enough you are responsible only to yourself and you needn't concern yrself with anybody else's reaction. if you're not which seems to be the case given yr hostile reaction then either try harder or give up. that's all.

the voice of reason has spoken.

the voice of reason (23 Apr, 2002 07:58 p.m.):

there is nothing more depressing than IT guys spending all day on internet message boards

there is something more depressing: being a long time reader of the Internet messages of IT guys. hee hee

but the moral grand standing undertaken by john et al. is particularly annoying. people have been using inafantile sexual expressions, stuff about gays, etc. on this board for eons so i don't know why yr bitching out now.

You're right there, way to point out hypocrisy. However, I'd say in most cases these were individuals who were generally chastised for their asshole ways. Or maybe not sometimes. Maybe they were funny enough to get away with it, but the point is, in most cases the object wasn't offence but humour. In this case, it's a group of people who are friends - some of the usernames are used by more than one person. It looks to me like a group effort to cause offence. It's cowardly. And John wasn't moral grandstanding, he was just having some fun as far as I could see.

the voice of reason has spoke.

hmm..right

fair enough about the long time reader thing. its not actually true. its meant to be funny like when people ring up the radio and say "long time listener, first time caller". still if you're going to concede that john was only having fun than you have to let the other guys get away with it to. i have to say that i found some of their stuff entertaining as opposed to the usual banal/inane shit. e.g. how big is my record collection/my ideal bill/where i work etc. i can't believe that people are reacting so badly. either a lot of people are really insecure, or they don't want their clique thing messed with, or they're just stupid. i actually suspect the latter.

the voice of reason has spoke(n) yet again.

the voice of reason (23 Apr, 2002 08:19 p.m.):
Yeah, I know, i was just in the foulest humour I've been in in donkey's yesterday...I don't even find that stuff that annoying; it's just...if you're going to try to be funny, at least sit back and put a bit of thought into it like...sorry for boring folk like..

hello there,
long time reader, first time writer. i didn't want to get dragged into this stupid bitch fight. there is nothing more depressing than IT guys spending all day on internet message boards, but i have to get this off my chest. there seems to be two definite factions involved in this argument, both equally peurile, but the moral grand standing undertaken by john et al. is particularly annoying. people have been using inafantile sexual expressions, stuff about gays, etc. on this board for eons so i don't know why yr bitching out now. chummimg up with pete etc. doesn't give you the moral high ground. also i'm sorry to say but its undeniable. whoevers lyrics they were were fucking terrible. DIY does not, in my view, excuse shitness. if the guy is happy with them fair enough you are responsible only to yourself and you needn't concern yrself with anybody else's reaction. if you're not which seems to be the case given yr hostile reaction then either try harder or give up. that's all.

the voice of reason has spoken.

.....and so the sword of damocles has fallen. are we peurile? yes. Funny?....often. Is the concept of Morning Voice infinitley better/more commercial/more artistic/ *sound* than the actuality of quincy?...OF COURSE!

another thing: john et al. are definitely taking the moral high ground. the above quote is of the order: "sorry for sinking to their level lads, its just that i was in foul humour blah blah, we're alright, fuck them etc etc". i hate that shit. if yr going to play the game then tog out or fuck off. i don't see how the "humour" vs "offence" thing works. both are equally offensive, except morgen et al seem to be able to handle it because they just don't give a fuck. maybe john et al. could pick up a few tips.

I don't think it's about music or gangs or anything like that it's about a group of people (or maybe just one loser with a few accounts) who make every thread they contribute to a pain in the arse.

They never seem to have anything remotely positive to contribute and aren't even funny. This place used to be a bit of a laugh but not anymore.

the voice of reason (23 Apr, 2002 08:31 p.m.):
fair enough about the long time reader thing. its not actually true.

people have been using infantile sexual expressions, stuff about gays, etc. on this board for eons

How do you know if it's you're not the long-time reader you originally proclaimed you were?And anyway,i don't know anyone who has used infantile expressions on here other than the people in question.

its meant to be funny like when people ring up the radio and say "long time listener, first time caller". still if you're going to concede that john was only having fun than you have to let the other guys get away with it to.

i never said anything about them not getting away with it,i just said to ignore them.And i wouldn't call their posts fun.

i have to say that i found some of their stuff entertaining

i have to say there is a certain humour in some of their posts.

as opposed to the usual banal/inane shit. e.g. how big is my record collection/my ideal bill/where i work etc.

So what do you recommend we talk about?

i can't believe that people are reacting so badly.

How can u not believe it??Have you read some of the stuff they have written?It's fucking disgusting some of it,and i don't think it should be tolerated.For example,gay-bashing,mother-bashing.None of this was in the slightest bit amusing,it was done purely to invoke a reaction,not for humour.

either a lot of people are really insecure, or they don't want their clique thing messed with, or they're just stupid.i actually suspect the latter.

You think i'm stupid?I presume i am one of the 'et al' that you refer to.What have i posted that makes me look stupid?I admit that i shouldn't have replied to their shite,but i realise that now and have appealed for a board-wide boycott on them.

the voice of reason has spoke(n) yet again.

In conclusion,i really cannot fathom how you can possibly see these guys as anything but assholes.They are purely on this board to fuck it all up,if you read their 'read it and weep locust fans' thread you'll know exactly what i mean.Again,don't fucking call me stupid unless you can back it up!

I hate to keep this argument going but there's no way i'm going to lie down on this one.(queue the gay joke)

here is why you are stupid:
(a)you recognise that they only post stuff to provoke a reaction.
(b)you react to their provocation.
therefore
(c) you are stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back