Hooray For Humans - New song, album release, dates etc (2 Viewers)

Yeah it'll prob be on youtube at some stage I'd say.

Review in Irish Times today, not bad:

People just didn't love these Corkmen as much when they were members of other bands, but all has changed since they came together as Hooray for Humans. The reason must be the music: sinewy indie synth-pop and taut, rough guitars that burst out of the speakers with an infectious mania. Whatever about the various sonic traces you'd discover in a forensic examination of the scene (everything from the Pixies to post- rock poke through the folds), Safekeeping has an alluring pop schtick. The wave of excitement on Pimptacious, the low-slung geeky grandeur of '06 Forever, and the polished, high-energy stomp of Signature are among the keepers here. JIM CARROLL

Yeah it'll prob be on youtube at some stage I'd say.

Review in Irish Times today, not bad:

People just didn't love these Corkmen as much when they were members of other bands, but all has changed since they came together as Hooray for Humans. The reason must be the music: sinewy indie synth-pop and taut, rough guitars that burst out of the speakers with an infectious mania. Whatever about the various sonic traces you'd discover in a forensic examination of the scene (everything from the Pixies to post- rock poke through the folds), Safekeeping has an alluring pop schtick. The wave of excitement on Pimptacious, the low-slung geeky grandeur of '06 Forever, and the polished, high-energy stomp of Signature are among the keepers here. JIM CARROLL

that bit raised my eyebrows.

review on entertainment.ie

Cork's Hooray for Humans may only have existed for just over a year, but don't let that deceptively short time-span fool you. There's nothing green-around-the-gills about this trio - perhaps due in part to the fact that they're comprised of experienced ex-members of bands Waiting Room, Eachtra and My Remorse. Where their previous incarnations were thwarted in the quest for indie supremacy, however, Hooray for Humans are set to shine - not least because they've crafted a considerably strong debut album in Safekeeping. Their self-description of a 'brazen pop outfit who flirt with everything from post-rock to new-wave to electro' is pretty much on the money; this is a band who evidently take joy from creating songs that take one unexpected twist after another. Safekeeping is an album with its roots firmly in indietronica, though, and the majority of the eleven tracks are smothered in a layer of warm synth fuzz. Fantastic opener Signature twists, shakes and pops unreservedly, and embodies H4H's blissfully honest approach in just three short minutes; Marsa's melodic wall-of-guitars-assault and skewed arrangement is a joy to listen to, while '06 Forever's grimy guitar intro evolves into a warm, beefy anthem. Even the less-immediate songs can't really be faulted, as there's not really a bad track here - Kittenfish may seem like an unremarkable guitar-based offering, yet quickly builds to a Clap Your Hands Say Yeah-style remix, and closer Salt 'n' Vinegar's customary pop-rock is dissected by a fetching riff that's sharper than the foil on a packet of Tayto. The vocal tussles between lead vocalist Alan and keyboardist Aine, too, are consistently pleasing to the ear. This one's definitely a Safekeeper. 4/5 stars

Alan these reviews don't really do you justice to be honest. I wouldn't bother reprinting them. I know they're positive but these reviews are very badly written. Ye deserve better than this PLC Journalism shite!

Meh, I know...
I guess it's better to have badly written positive reviews than none at all though...
Also a lot of them seem to call the album throwaway, which seems bizarre to me. Just because it's a pop album doesn't mean it's throwaway.

Blah. i'm tired.

Meh, I know...
I guess it's better to have badly written positive reviews than none at all though...
Also a lot of them seem to call the album throwaway, which seems bizarre to me. Just because it's a pop album doesn't mean it's throwaway.

Blah. i'm tired.

True...

Good luck with the drummer search...I hope ye end up with an absolute robot beast on the stool.

Wha?
Prob should've mention we've found a drummer, it's Tom from Ghostwood Project/Only Fumes And Corpses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back