honolulu (1 Viewer)

Squalch

i've got 4 nights there in october on the way to LA.
getting mixed reports about the place- anyone know of good places to stay on a backpackers budget?
want to see at least one beach-maybe snorkel-and see pearl harbour after that...

Waikiki is full of hotels in every price range so you shoud be able to find somewhere within budget. I can recommend the 'outrigger reef on the beach' which is nice, and is literally on the beach, not across the road etc. It's about $120-$150 a night, but worth it.

Waikiki beach isn't really suitable for snorkelling though, but you can get a bus that goes all round the island coast & takes about 4 hours, so you could maybe do that over a couple of days and stay different places. It might work out cheaper than 4 nights in waikiki, anyway.

You can get the bus out to pearl harbour so don't bother with any paid tours or nothin.
If you like shopping, make sure you go to the ala moana shopping centre. and visit chinatown.

Oh and remember you can fly to the other islands for about $90 each way - it's only a 35 minute flight between each.

that bus going around the island sounds cool. i have no idea what to be looking for-so thats a start!bing . cheers pete.

there's an incredible beach called Hanauma Bay which exists inside an exploded volcano. it's got an amazing reef and aquatic eco-system you can check out with a snorkel. i've never seen clearer waters in my life, and the fish are amazing. definitely worth checking out.
Pearl Harbour is pretty harrowing, mainly when you think of how it's still a graveyard housing countless bodies of people. it's an interesting place to visit though and you might as well check it out. i cant rememebr how much it costs though, id say its expensive enough.

La La said:
there's an incredible beach called Hanauma Bay which exists inside an exploded volcano. it's got an amazing reef and aquatic eco-system you can check out with a snorkel. i've never seen clearer waters in my life, and the fish are amazing. definitely worth checking out.
Pearl Harbour is pretty harrowing, mainly when you think of how it's still a graveyard housing countless bodies of people. it's an interesting place to visit though and you might as well check it out. i cant rememebr how much it costs though, id say its expensive enough.
Admission to Pearl Harbour is free, as far as I remember. It's definitely worth a visit.

Cheers- Hanauma Bay looks perfect in everyway-it has kept me going through another slow slow day in the office. will definitely check it out when i get over

Today was our last day in Waikiki. Started off by renewing the ole wedding vows on the beach at 8am, which was cool (if a little cheesy), then strolled up to Ruffage (2443 kahui avenue) for some yum veggie chili.

This afternoon we took the #52 circle island bus from the Ala Moana centre up to Halewai on the North Shore (get the #8 bus from Waikiki beach to get there & ask for a transfer ticket when you're paying the $2 fare so you can get on the #52 without having to pay again).

We managed to hit the start of evening rush hour heading out of Honolulu so the bus journey up took a while, but it was worth it. Halewai is a tiny town, with an atmosphere about as different to Waikiki as you could possibly get. It's the wrong time of year for big waves, so we saw no surfers (although signs said the actual beaches were a few miles away).

Popped in for pizza and veggie burgers in Pizza Bob's (yum) while it pissed rain outside for 20 minutes then wussed out on doing the rest of the circle island trip and got the bus back to Waikiki. A nice day.

cheers guys. were on waikiki right now
just went to Hanauma Bay this morning and it was incredible. totally clear -fish everywhere. totally burnt now but the corona are taking care of everything roll on LA and iron and wine on the 18th!!
one day left in honolulu-will take it easy for all of you.

Squalch said:
cheers guys. were on waikiki right now
just went to Hanauma Bay this morning and it was incredible. totally clear -fish everywhere. totally burnt now but the corona are taking care of everything roll on LA and iron and wine on the 18th!!
one day left in honolulu-will take it easy for all of you.
i hate you

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back