Home piercing (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

My right ear is nice and swolen with a saftey pin through it , dumb of me I know . But I am oh so proud.

sorry to burst your bubble
2610.jpg

v.stupid thing to do...very. I mean piercings get infected when a professional does them so i mean what are your chances?? plus...ouch

brian/heathons said:
sorry to burst your bubble
2610.jpg

I will never be so bored that I end up doing something like that to myself. I know lots about piercing it wont get infected.

you know what won't infect it, a rusty nail
Roisin said:
I will never be so bored that I end up doing something like that to myself. I know lots about piercing it wont get infected.

If you knew loads about piercing you would know not to stick a pin in your ear.There is a reason why them lads and lasses have to train before they are allowed to pierce but anyhow good luck with it rather you than me;)
Roisin said:

brian/heathons said:
If you knew loads about piercing you would know not to stick a pin in your ear.There is a reason why them lads and lasses have to train before they are allowed to pierce but anyhow good luck with it rather you than me;)

Saftey pins are made with low grade steel that will make your piercing infected if not removed . I knew this already , so i know how to get around it. I also put detol on my ear before shoving the pin through , and the pin was sterolised before use also , I know have a proper earing in my ear. I am now putting ear pericing sultion on it that I brought yesterday day . I also clean it every day with that smelly antaseptic soap .

Roisin said:
Saftey pins are made with low grade steel that will make your piercing infected if not removed . I knew this already , so i know how to get around it. I also put detol on my ear before shoving the pin through , and the pin was sterolised before use also , I know have a proper earing in my ear. I am now putting ear pericing sultion on it that I brought yesterday day . I also clean it every day with that smelly antaseptic soap .

Detol is for sterilising floors, not for prepping for surgical procedures (that's what body piercing is, chums), Piercings should be done with proper needles that are shaped so as not to cause an agrivated wound and can only be thoroughly sterilised using a professional autoclave, Changing jewellry in a new piercing should cause you a lot of irritation, high five, you shouldn't have put a safety pin in there in the first place.

Rock on with your punk rock piercings but I don't think that you do know a lot about piercing if that's how you're going about piercing your own delicate flesh. There are plenty of online resources that will help you look after your piercings correctly if you insist on doin it yourself. One I used to like when I had oodles of holes was http://www.bmezine.com

zeelander said:
Rock on with your punk rock piercings but I don't think that you do know a lot about piercing if that's how you're going about piercing your own delicate flesh. There are plenty of online resources that will help you look after your piercings correctly if you insist on doin it yourself. One I used to like when I had oodles of holes was http://www.bmezine.com

jesus christ! have you read the story of the couple who bit each other's ring fingers off? fucking idiots.
i don't know if that site is very suitable for someone who thinks it's ok to pierce her own ear with a safety pin. i'm sure we've all gone through that phase of holes and more holes and contemplated doing it ourselves, but it's generally just a phase and if you mess something up now you're gonna be left with a scar or worse. blood poisoning anyone?

lymphangitis is a common complication following a bacterial infection. it involves inflammation of the lymph glands. Lymphangitis involves the lymph vessels/channels, with inflammation of the channel and resultant pain and and localized symptoms; red streaks from infected area to the armpit or groin, throbbing pain along the affected area (common), may involve the lymph nodes (very dangerous), high fever and chills, a general ill feeling (malaise), with loss of appetite, headache, and muscle aches. mmm sounds nice!

septicemia is blood poisoning, it occurs when bacteria enter the bloodstream, usually during a severe infection (caused by open wounds, hello roisin's ear!) and spread throughout the body. This is a rapidly progressing, life-threatening condition. It requires prompt medical care.

i just want to give you an idea of what can happen so easily........ and everyone thinks it wont happen to them! maybe you know all of this already, roisin, and maybe i sound like a whiny old fart, but i see the result of bad infection in work everyday and it's not pretty.

happy safe piercing!

SadieOutlaw said:
jesus christ! have you read the story of the couple who bit each other's ring fingers off? fucking idiots.
i don't know if that site is very suitable for someone who thinks it's ok to pierce her own ear with a safety pin.

That was an april fool's joke.

I have been on BME before many a time. My ear is grand now its just a bit red but its not all rotten and stuff. I will be fine.

Thats what they all say........ well if you disappear off the boards we'll know the reason behind it any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back