Holy fuck - Ethiopiques for Dun Laoghaire festival of world cultures! (1 Viewer)

No last comment from me - ha ha - but it was not to be
- No can't see DL/Rathdown county council killing a cash cow lik e that off in a hurry!

But yea its is genuinely a great day...

kp

:) phew!

yeah it's been getting better and better. had a great time checking out random music last year for free mostly. it's a great festival

Ack, the excited thread topic is a bit misleading there - I thought Holy Fuck were (albeit inappropriately) appearing

shit i was worried at the start of this gig, the backing band had serious illusions of talent and put on the schmaltziest new yawk club jazz solo bollox ever, more like theme from moonlighting 1980's then swinging addis adabba 1970's.. .with an extremely irritating band leader who had the audacity to introduce the stars of the show as his guests..and clap along to a sax solo 'because the guy is wearing a green t-shirt, YEAH'

if i'd had a blowpipe i'd have darted him in the eyeball within ten minutes..

soon as the singers took stage tho it took off, with mahmoud ahmed really blowing the lid of the place and keeping the backing band's wanky solo's at bay.

turned out to be a great show. the mix was still a bit meh tho with the drums being particularly in need of tightening up for a bit more tight funky BOOM BAP then jazz light brushedy smoooze

check mahmoud in action at this particularly patriotic looking concert in his yard, dunno if you'd see ronan keeting bringing this sort of spontaneous joy out of the FCA

YouTube - MAHMUD AHMED (Guragigna)

mahmoud ahmed is the man. Ere mela mela was amazing live

Dun Laoghaire's a bit of a kip isnt it....up the hill like. Weird place.

with an extremely irritating band leader who had the audacity to introduce the stars of the show as his guests..

he was so annoying. we went to the first gig in the Barbican in london and he almost ruined the whole show. My girlfriend was in a rage with him.

also, london crowds were true to form by being shite too.

with an extremely irritating band leader who had the audacity to introduce the stars of the show as his guests.

I thought I saw him somewhere before !

Largo.jpg

**king Dumb

amazing gig, that cheesy james brown inpersonator added a little cheese though, mahmoud ahmed is the man though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back