Holy fuck! Did u see Argentina's goal there (1 Viewer)

i missed this, being stuck in a car in arklow, but jayses.

eh?

wha?

it's science baby.

No seriously. Alberto's goal was scored against an Italy that were already defeated. Brazil were 3-0 up against them and Italy had pretty much given up, you can see it in the play.
Cambiasso's goal was scored against a Serbia and Montenegro that were still playing and trying to close and mark players, they just couldn't get anywhere near it the move was that good.

Yup. Think it might be the best goal I've seen scored in my lifetime. Fookin classic. Amazing one touch passing.|..|

Cormcolash said:
No seriously. Alberto's goal was scored against an Italy that were already defeated. Brazil were 3-0 up against them and Italy had pretty much given up, you can see it in the play.
Cambiasso's goal was scored against a Serbia and Montenegro that were still playing and trying to close and mark players, they just couldn't get anywhere near it the move was that good.
3-1. and fair enough, italy were deflated, but it was the world cup final, not aginst some mass murderers in the group stages. that italian team were reigning european chapions. gerson takes on three players, drifts past them. rivelino's ball along the line an jairzinho takes it fist time like he caught it with his hand. unbelievable. and not to forget pele was on the pitch. have that riquelme. some finish too, better than cambiassios, lovely. i could watch it all day.

Yeah but look at that dribble for example. If Gerson had tried that in the modern era, say against Serbia for argument's sake, one of those 3 players would have just slid in and broke him. And been booked for it by the way this World Cup is going.

Cormcolash said:
Yeah but look at that dribble for example. If Gerson had tried that in the modern era, say against Serbia for argument's sake, one of those 3 players would have just slid in and broke him. And been booked for it by the way this World Cup is going.
ah well, then we can't make comparisons at all can we. the game is different. the ball is different. everything is different. *cry*

i had just turned to my friend danny and said (possibly repeating myself).... "maxi rodriguez has been invisible for the last 30 miutes!"

another fine call. Whats with the blow-job Riquelme gets from Paddy Agnew in the Irish Times. He´s been hugely underwhelming so far, unlike a certain L. Messi, who is disturbingly as good as the hype.
VAMOS ARGENTINA CARAJO!

I think Riquelme has been excellent so far. He is the kind of player who you usually don't really see that much during the match, but then he gets the ball and makes a pass and all of a sudden the team has scored. That's his job, not to run about and try and get as much of the ball as possible.

i disagree about riquelme, but its probably because everytime he touches the ball (i.e. the start of every argie move) he´s expected by everyone here and around me to do something outrageous. i wouldn´t say he´s been brilliant but he hasn´t had a complete heinze yet. i dunno where maxi came from but he´s brilliant and i never knew cambiasso was that good (except vs ivory coast) although everyone´s been saying he was excellent at inter all season, but i don´t watch much italian football. anyway, his one touch passes are great in such small amounts of room. i also love the fact that argentina have about three players who are completely at ease with the concept of dribbling round a player... its all they do in the league here, so i suppose its not that suprising that the national team can still do it.... what subs to bring on though: aimar, tevez, messi...its hardly fair!

Maxi Rodriguez said that goal was a fluke today. How the fuck you control the ball on your chest, belt it into the far side of the net, and have it as a fluke, is beyond me. He obviously meant it, where's the fluke?

I can already see myself diluting my G&T with hot salty tears on Friday afternoon when they thrash Germany. Weep.

ICUH8N said:
I can already see myself diluting my G&T with hot salty tears on Friday afternoon when they thrash Germany. Weep.

Fuck that, never rule out the hosts. I'll be in your corner.

I can't wait although i'm gonna miss the first half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back