hiyah from se-at-hole (1 Viewer)

sittin' in front of a mac in portland oh-ray-gun y
Website
www.facebook.com
whazzap thumpatistas?? I've not talked to anybody here for months, 'cept Lorcanzo (and he's a bed-wetting alkie who steals old lady's panties... oh wait, that's me...). Yep, I found out about 5 mo. ago that I have Parkinson's disease, so that's one more thing I have in common with the pope, mj fox, and Muhammad Ali. Strangely, before my diagnosis I spent all my free time wearing boxing gloves, a lovely pope chapeau, and driving a delorean. Weird coincidence, eh? But really, having the diagnosis and getting on medication has been a total miracle. I didn't know this before, but besides the tremors and muscle pain (mine aren't too bad), depression is one biggie of PD. So not only does the medication lessen the muscle pain/stiffness, it has pretty much vanquished this absurd depression I had for years, that maddeningly was at its worst while I was in Ireland last year. D'oh! I wish I'd have been on this drug then! But such is life, innit? I had been working for a satellite company, but got fired a month ago due to a 'sleep attack' side effect of the medication, so now I'm dealing with lawyers, various gov agencies, etc to get my job back. So never a dull moment, just finished some recordings with my band The NashVillains-- totally trad country-cryin'-in-yer-beer honkytonk music. Really! It's the punkrock of the 1930's! My gf sings like a dirty-mouthed angel. Goin to see the Van Gogh/Mondrian exhib here tonight. Woo Hoo! How all you fab-u-tastic peeps doin?

ah I'll be around indeed. I've been cheating on thumped-- been spending too much time with those hoors on a parkinson's site. !bog Useful info, but I don't really dig a lot of the kinda sniping and attitude some of the members have, so I've come back to thumped !ironyyy Plus, a lot of my pretty twisted and dark humor doesn't exactly meet with approval there. Ha! Fek 'em, damned parkie freaks! Yeah, the co. I worked for is big, like over 1000 employees, so if they wanna play it like this I'll put up a fight. I'm just trying to get the job back, but if it leads to nastiness and cash money I'll take it! I could use a trip to Ireland...

ah well, (adopting smarmy infomercial tone) If you're gonna have a chronic, progressive and degenerative neurological disorder, this is the one to have! Order now-- this offer will not last!
Really, PD can be bad indeed, but nobody dies strictly from it, unlike MS or ALS (Lou Gehrig Disease). So far nobody could like 'tell' I have it, I do shake a bit but I've done that for 15 years. The lamest effects are the mood/fatigue/thinking-you're-crazy cos you feel so weird and horrible. The meds make it WAY better, and the current opinion seems to be that it'll def. be cured within 10 years-- though stem cell research is the key, and with that pig-buggering coprophage in the white house that research is off limits. So one more reason to work for his humiliating loss in november.

Hi Dubh, Good to hear from you and sorry to hear about your PD. As soon as you get some mp3s of the nashvillians post the link on thumped won't ya?
a

dont forget Richard Pryor! sorry to hear that though..and those pricks firing you. Im certain you'll at the very least get a wad of cash for that.

avernus said:
dont forget Richard Pryor! sorry to hear that though..and those pricks firing you. Im certain you'll at the very least get a wad of cash for that.
AH Richard Pryor! Yeah, I knew all that freebasing would pay off :) And I would be fine with a large cash settlement! I really didn't want to make a fuss, I thought they'd talk to my doctor and all would be sorted quickly. That didn't happen and so now it's up to the lawyers. Ah well, never a dull moment! And seriously if it does come to a settlement I'm on the next plane to dublin... and much ribald revelry will ensue...

Good to hear from you D to the U to the B the H and glad to hear you are in good spirits...

That's bullshit that you got fired, sue their asses, sounds like an open and shut case of discrimination to me...

Did you get that CD I sent you?

Ack Jamesy! We've moved house, I went by there yesterday to check for mail but nobody there. Hey my new address (for anybody who wants to send me music/hash/lotto tickets)
Dubh David Black
704 E. Thomas apt. 109
Seattle WA 98102
It'd be a laugh for certain if the company was forced to give me a pile of $-- it'd mean Ireland here I come and gold-plated pimp-goblets for all!

Pimp%20Gobleet.jpg

bling.

Alrighty I'll fire off another one...

If you get the money you should take that trip to Hawawia (dunno how to spell it but that big island that's alway sunny and is a state, a united state that is, not a mess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back