Hirameka Hi-Fi/Reynolds/The Redneck Manifesto (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
the kids are pleased to announce that The Redneck Manifesto *will* be playing in Whelan's tomorrow night (Thursday 25th) with Hirameka Hi-Fi and Reynolds from the UK.

Supposedly they'll be playing a load of new stuff from their soon-to-be-recorded debut album too..

Show starts 8.30pm, admission a fiver, and the gig is followed by a late club that you can get into for free.

What sort of fucking idiocy is this?
If you have something to say, just say it.
You're getting yourself into a tangle.

Or, perhaps you could merely drop the pseudonym and handle this off the forum....

if there's any moaning about the sound at this gig please direct all complaints to T. Soundman, c/o whelan's, wexford st.

as for shit sound at gigs: you'll find at most gigs that there is good sound to be had somewhere; you just need to find it. you can't expect to sit beside the band and be able to hear everything...

ie when trm played doyles before i thought the sound was amazing, but supposedly a load of shitehawks said it was muck down the back..

so if sound means that much for you, do a little work for it.

here's hoping for a bit of a emerson lake & palmer influence in the new manifesto sound tomorrow...

The sound IS shite down the back in Doyles. It's just one of those...hell, what do you call them....FACT things.

personally i love talking to people on the internet and then igroring them when i see them. then again i'm so stoned all the time that i can no longer comprehend reality.i'm actually stoned right now.....or am i drunk.. no, i'm just a complete envelope full of vaginal hair.

les rednecks rocked
so much so, that during the last song they tore apart the stage in an orgy of destruction.

no, of course it shouldnt have been reversed.
think about it - its a reynolds / hirameka irish tour, it'd be a bit silly for them to play support to every local band that is obviously going to be more popular than them.
it'd also be pretty fucking rude. i thought it was Reynolds who were meant to play last - i thought they were excellent. all those craxy guys and their aluminium necked guitars...

anyway what difference does it make if you see first or last?? did it really matter that you saw them play at 9 instead of 10.15???

i thought the gig was great, and it was only 5 bills.
cant wait for 90 day men in a week or so who are rather good - i think you can get mp3s from Southern.com if you've not heard them.

thats great, but i wasnt actually questioning your opinion of anyone or anything, just making the point that it'd be kinda stupid for the band coming over from england to play first. i also wasnt implying they were good because they had fancy guitars. fancy tunes on the other hand...(i mean reynolds here).

regards
andy

Being a bit unfair to Reynolds there, they were pretty good...but yes you are right Redneck Manifesto were great. Did anyone check out the Merchandise stand?? It was excellent...the best I've seen this side of Road Records. I picked up six domino album promos for 12 squid?! All brand new...stuff like Pram, Mouse on Mars, Future Pilot AKA, Bill Wells Trio, V-Twin oh and woodbine. Also picked up Eska's album.... So was it worth the 5 quid?? I believe so...Jesus that first song Rednecks played, put the shivers down me....t'was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back