hey there folks, some galway questions if you can help (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter LXE
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 6
Fitzer is obviously a joke profile but if i had enough guts i would declare my unconditional love/respect for Nooly. As it stands i'm a shiteless bastard.Food not bombs nor joke profiles nor shpunk hypocrisy nor boring anarchists talking shite. Dude not dropping bombs.

Fitzer is obviously a joke profile but if i had enough guts i would declare my unconditional love/respect for Nooly. As it stands i'm a shiteless bastard.Food not bombs nor joke profiles nor shpunk hypocrisy nor boring anarchists talking shite. Dude not dropping bombs.
This is the voice of a wobbly person with whom i have no hesitation in challengeing to a brawl.so come on drippy flute.where do i need to go to batter you easily? ye flute.

about ideas:
fuck representing ideas. they are not carved into stone. do you just take idea and use it (consume it)?
seems like it eh? 'food not bombs is about blah blah blah, which i can prove by referring to this article at www.blahblahwank.com/dickhead.htm'. how revolutionary is it to be incapable of doing something on your own terms? incapable of taking the basic idea of sharing free food as a positive social activity and adapting it to your particular environment? this whole response to galway FNB is fucking ludicrous. but hey, let's have some vegan spare ribs on a rooftop and discuss the autonomen scene in hapsburg or bremen or fucking grimsvotn instead of actually engaging with the world immediately outside our little scene.

isaac.jpg

I found the whole Food Not Bombs template pretty useful when I started doing it in Dublin a good few years ago, but after a while I found explaining the whole concept to the homeless people I was serving the food to pretty embarrassing.

Dublin is very very very far from San Francisco.

(it took me about 10 minutes to spell san franwhatever, Im drunk)

I found the whole Food Not Bombs template pretty useful when I started doing it in Dublin a good few years ago, but after a while I found explaining the whole concept to the homeless people I was serving the food to pretty embarrassing.
oh come on, it wasn't that complicated. here's some food, no there's no meat, no i won't marry you, glad you enjoyed the food, we gotta move on. end.
oh yeah there's usually a discussion about the english being bastards in there too.

Or have the dublin crust punks already decided that Ri Tardo's galway FNB events are none of those things, so he shouldn't even bother? And yes i do remember leaving you a "cock" comment before, if i thought it wasn't a waste of my time i'd do it more often.

Called a meeting of the dublin crust punks last night Brine. Good news, you've been called up by the politcrust to be the first volunteer for Bums Not Bombs.

No probs. I'll donate a dread for you to sew on so you won't feel left out, we're constrcting a "bumming rack" from eco-friendly non-gendered vegan materials, although you're not allowed in it unless you've got dreadlocks.

i don't want to go back and read it, it was tedious enough the first time.

And yet you're still here on the 8th page?

'waste of time' is one of the terms that has come up in describing why FNB is so silly and misguided.

Talk to W., I didn't say it.

i don't care what issues you're into, or think food not bombs should address.

It's kind of in their stated aims, the issues they address.

why are you bringing up dumpster diving and dropping out? i never made any reference to either.

I asked the question "And what are the issues, if you mean homelessness I've already posted some things, if you mean dumpster diving and dropping out, how are they "issues"?" So you didn't mean dumpster diving and dropping out, question answered, clarification.

'the last you checked the purpose of food not bombs..'? i didn't know there were rules about people's motivation for being involved in food not bombs. people can do it for whatever reason they like.

Yes, the purpose and stated aims of Food Not bombs as a network.
The motivations for people getting involved are as individual as they are. If you can't see the difference between the two. :rolleyes: Small. Far away.

i'm not talking about what ri tarado is doing right now, he hasn't been replying for a couple of pages i think. he probably is out, but you should check with him tomorrow how he spent his friday night, and then point out that it's been done before.

Oh, please. :rolleyes: That's unneccessary and uncalled for. It's a discussion on an internet mesage board that has been for the most part amicable and friendly. Compared to numerous other ones ...

honest interest in the communication of ideas - not obnoxious.
dogged interest in dictating ideas - obnoxious.

"Dogged" ? "Interest" what interest, personal or otherwise, does anyone have on here? It's a discussion. Please explain. The communication and dialogue with other people is my own professed interest. And "dictating"? What force or power are people on here wielding that allows them to "dictate"? It's a communication of ideas,experiences and opinions ...

Or have the dublin crust punks already decided..

Just to clarify, I'm not a crust punk, and I'm not arguing against it from the position of a punk or being punk. I'm arguing against it as a libertarian with experience of organising those events and realising (like shorty and numerous others) the need to go beyond activistoid strategys. Reducing it to a matter of "punkness" is just silly, it's a matter of building self-activity and effective, meaningful political activity.

I really don't like the way you're pushing this as if I or others have been assholish, bitchy or "obnoxious" and don't understand here it is coming from.

"What if it's already been done, several years ago, people have learnt from their experiences, discussions, etc. and moved on?"
Tone and other nuances of speech, for obvious reasons, don't come across very well on the internet. This was said and meant in an honest and ernest way, not in some "obnoxious", pretentious, bitchy or other way.

"liberal guilt and charity" is the closest thing to saying it was "wrong" and really only "liberal guilt", that can be contested on your motivational grounds, which I would concede. Charity still can remain as a definition.

and then
pffffft! fuck me. how bum-clenchingly patronising. considering eastern europe actually has some experience of oppressive government outside books they read for coursework before dropping out (and i thought dropping out was out of fashion...).

Of course there'S a historic eastern european anarchist movement going back over a hundred years. Here I was taking my experiences from what I've read in ABB and from people I've met from there. In many cases it is only just begining to come into existence and begun to develop. How is that patronising? Again, unneccessarily negative comments of a slightly personal nature.

who can have a problem with feeding the homeless? self-appointed politicos sending communiques back from foreign holidays, apparently.

Who's self appointed? What's with these continuous snide personal comments? Are you on a foreign holiday in Norfolk then? I was under the impression you were following your studies.

and the last time one of your internet treatises on neo-wanko-politico-trouserism stirred the downtrodden masses into action was.....?

Where are these internet treatises? Political discussions on a punk message board perhaps. And message board discussions stirring the down trodden masses into action, what?!
More unwarranted personal remarks.

seems like it eh? 'food not bombs is about blah blah blah, which i can prove by referring to this article at www.blahblahwank.com/dickhead.htm'. how revolutionary is it to be incapable of doing something on your own terms? incapable of taking the basic idea of sharing free food as a positive social activity and adapting it to your particular environment?

Again, really letting loose here aren't we? Who's attempting to "prove" anything? Fucking hell.

Like I said, who could have a problem with this. Doing something on your own terms/being honest with yourself about what you're doing.

this whole response to galway FNB is fucking ludicrous. but hey, let's have some vegan spare ribs on a rooftop and discuss the autonomen scene in hapsburg or bremen or fucking grimsvotn instead of actually engaging with the world immediately outside our little scene.

What the fuck?!!! :mad:

discuss the autonomen scene in hapsburg or bremen or fucking grimsvotn instead of actually engaging with the world immediately outside our little scene.

That's hardly a fair thing to say about short, I mean critiquing one particular ideological strand doesn't mean you have to have the answers yourself (although it helps), groups like the sparts and the ICC spend most of their time criticising the rest of the micro-left but their contribution is still valid if not sometimes hilarious.

Do you want us to say "Dont do food not bombs organise a union branch/hand out Workers Solidarity/go to rossport/join the wsm?" offering him our political activities as a substitute for his own? That would be more condescending I'd worry. Pointing out and discussing the limitations of FNB is perfectly valid.

Ri tarado I have lots of contacts for libertarians/anarchists in Galway if you're interested I can put you in touch. WSM should be holding a meeting down there soon enough too if you fancy a chat about all this in person.

oh come on, it wasn't that complicated. here's some food, no there's no meat, no i won't marry you, glad you enjoyed the food, we gotta move on. end.
oh yeah there's usually a discussion about the english being bastards in there too.

I stopped reading there at some point but think I'll wade in anyway. Normally they hate the food and think veganism is stupid. Think that's what Sao Paolo was implying.

I work in a homeless gaff and we got donated a load of yogurts and yops but they were out of date and no one here would eat them. So I figured I'd bring them to seomra spraoi and feed gig-goers there. Then I forgot.
Now theyre another day out of date.
sorry...carry on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back