hey there folks, some galway questions if you can help (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter LXE
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 6
jesus, they've got a link to the SCUM manifesto - 'anarcha-feminist rant against the patriarchal system! - womynkind.org/scum.htm'.
although i'm quite a fan of valerie solanas, she did shoot that stupid cunt andy warhol.

http://www.geocities.com/anarcho209/modestoanarcho.html

this is a website done by some kids in California. In issue 1 theres an article about doing food not bombs. In issue 2 theres an article about not doing food not bombs. Might be of some interest Ri Tardo. And the guy in the middle of the photo looks kind of like W.

Jayz he does. Not sure about posing with a length of pipe, do they not have access to handguns over there? :D

After reading it I find his conclusions dire, also his "class struggle" strawman that people should go "organise a union, or something" was cringe-worthy, maybe he's thinking of the IWA and anarcho-syndicalism. Seems to have trouble making a conclusion because of their attachment to FNB but their ideological peers (the mystical inssurectionists) say it's bad so it must be. They call FNB a charity and attack the management of other peoples struggles but then go on to suggest starting various different groups for homeless people. Too much Feral Faun and not enough Maurice Brinton I reckon.

reputation_neg.gif
hey there folks, some... 18th May 2007 03:46 PM W. "cock"
hahah. Sorry weeler, i meant "very important discussion that is rapidly getting more and more accessable to people who aren't knee deep in socio-political babble, which is in no way patronising or dismissive to someone who's actually trying to do something, in thread where someone is just looking for info on punk stuff in galway".

Continue.

The cock comment was just returning a favour remember? It's the nature of forum threads that discussion goes off topic, we were talking about the foibles of FNB, who cares if someone is actually doing something if it's a waste of time, political activity doesnt justify itself.

How do you know his food not bombs events will be a waste of his time or the time of those involved/attending? Ri Tardo is new to galway, maybe it'll help him meet new people here? Maybe it'll alert some people to what's going on in galway vis a vis gigs that they wouldn't have known about? Maybe it'll expose some people to alternative culture whateveryoucalit (be it crimethinc or whatever else ri tardo or anyone else brings along) that they'd never had any access to before (whatever about it's worth)? Maybe it'll be a good social event for people in galway who aren't into drinking? Maybe it'll be something for people to do on a sunday?

Or have the dublin crust punks already decided that Ri Tardo's galway FNB events are none of those things, so he shouldn't even bother? And yes i do remember leaving you a "cock" comment before, if i thought it wasn't a waste of my time i'd do it more often.

Ri Tardo is new to galway, maybe it'll help him meet new people here? Maybe it'll alert some people to what's going on in galway vis a vis gigs that they wouldn't have known about? Maybe it'll expose some people to alternative culture whateveryoucalit (be it crimethinc or whatever else ri tardo or anyone else brings along) that they'd never had any access to before (whatever about it's worth)? Maybe it'll be a good social event for people in galway who aren't into drinking? Maybe it'll be something for people to do on a sunday?

Yes. And? But the "it" we're talking about is food not bombs? Yeah? I could replace "it" with Seomra Spraoi as well, but seomra spraoi is a social centre and a form of libertarian infrastructure. It kinda does what it says on the tin. FNB on the other hand is supposed to be about feeding the homeless with skipped food (as the article sean posted says, it'd be strange to think that homeless people haven't already come across this idea and aren't doing it already, but I don't think they'll be making zines about how revolutionary and empowering an activity/idea it is, anyway this is an aside). If it does all the things you say above, then fair fucks. It isn't the only means of achieving these things. Just be honest about it.

Or have the dublin crust punks already decided that Ri Tardo's galway FNB events are none of those things, so he shouldn't even bother?

Are you implying weeler is a dublin crust punk?! ROFLMAO :D !baggyyyy

Most of the posts have been quite cordial as far as I can see, have attempted to make sugestions, initiate discussion and dialogue and provide peoples own experiences of having done FNB. Pretty much everyone who has posted on this thread has been involved in FNB at one stage. The political points haven´t been too off the wall and been rather common sensical, if I do say so myself.
This is a discussion board? Isn't it? The idea of dialogue and discussion is you come to new understandings and knowledge, shed old ideas and concepts, grow, overcome, ... It´s been constantly reiterated that we aren't knocking his enthusiasm and energy. :confused: I mean I wish some of these conversations had happened when I was involved in it, but you live and learn, all life is experiment, etc. And at least it's conversation rather than your usual punk sneers, I think something people are getting better at here.

this is all stupid, what's wrong with doing food not bombs? it's fun and it's positive and it helps build a community and inform people about some issues, maybe not everyone's current favourite issue but you can't expect everyone to keep track of what's in in cutting edge leftist politics these days.
ri tarado is being outstandingly patient in not rising to all this (he's probably just ignoring it at this stage), it's just obnoxious.

this is all stupid, what's wrong with doing food not bombs? it's fun and it's positive and it helps build a community and inform people about some issues, maybe not everyone's current favourite issue but you can't expect everyone to keep track of what's in in cutting edge leftist politics these days.
ri tarado is being outstandingly patient in not rising to all this (he's probably just ignoring it at this stage), it's just obnoxious.

Nobody has said there's anything "wrong" with FNB. In the last 7 pages they've expressed some opinions and experiences and provided some links to other peoples opinions and experiences. Maybe go back and read some of them.

And what are the issues, if you mean homelessness I've already posted some things, if you mean dumpster diving and dropping out, how are they "issues"? And last I checked the purpose of FNB wasn't to build the DIY punk community, it may have been a side affect but it seems that people are saying it's the prime motivation of it, which I actually agree with. Just be honest about it.

Ri Tarado is probably out, cause it's friday night and has better things to do. I really don't think this thread has been obnoxious, since when has an honest interest in the communication of ideas been obnoxious?

Fuck it! I'm off to eat vegan barbecue on the roof, drink some beers and then go see drumcorps later. Jesus.

Nobody has said there's anything "wrong" with FNB. In the last 7 pages they've expressed some opinions and experiences and provided some links to other peoples opinions and experiences. Maybe go back and read some of them.

And what are the issues, if you mean homelessness I've already posted some things, if you mean dumpster diving and dropping out, how are they "issues"? And last I checked the purpose of FNB wasn't to build the DIY punk community, it may have been a side affect but it seems that people are saying it's the prime motivation of it, which I actually agree with. Just be honest about it.
i don't want to go back and read it, it was tedious enough the first time.
'waste of time' is one of the terms that has come up in describing why FNB is so silly and misguided.
i don't care what issues you're into, or think food not bombs should address.
why are you bringing up dumpster diving and dropping out? i never made any reference to either.
'the last you checked the purpose of food not bombs..'? i didn't know there were rules about people's motivation for being involved in food not bombs. people can do it for whatever reason they like.
i'm not talking about what ri tarado is doing right now, he hasn't been replying for a couple of pages i think. he probably is out, but you should check with him tomorrow how he spent his friday night, and then point out that it's been done before.

honest interest in the communication of ideas - not obnoxious.
dogged interest in dictating ideas - obnoxious.

about ideas:
fuck representing ideas. they are not carved into stone. do you just take idea and use it (consume it)? i feel like i'm involved in it, so i can extend it, corelate it's direction and meaning. do you have the idea, or does the idea have you (who said that?)?
anyway, at one point i was thinking about dropping any name. no flag, no slogans. after discussion with other guys we decided to stick to the name.

about fnb:
as i said, getting homeless/poor people involved is first on the to-do list. and the beggining has been made for that already. we'll see how it goes.

about crimethinc:
i think that we have different approach to that stuff. you take it as some serious bearded social theory (that is not. if you feel like genius figuring it out after n years, you are just an idiot. some places in that so-serious harsh criticism just made laugh.), that could become your bible, while i take it just as i took j.keruac's "on the road" and enjoy it.

about dropping out:
when i was 17, i got "dropping out" into my hands. along with some other literature, it inspired me to pack my bags and head for a hitchhicking journey across the europe with 20eur. that was fucking greatest time of my life. prove me that that was wrong and bad thing to do.

about hakim bey:
as i'm not going to bring hakim bey, but only his book, i don't think that it'll rape any kids. i find the book brilliant, despite author's dirtyness.
"the book is pile of shit" is just undeniable argument, so i won't say anything else.

about time:
i waste my time doing it, you waste your time talking about it. what a waste of time!

about w.:

What if it's already been done, several years ago, people have learnt from their experiences, discussions, etc. and moved on?

liberal guilt and charity

we were talking about the foibles of FNB, who cares if someone is actually doing something if it's a waste of time

and then
the rather nascent eastern european anarchist movement
pffffft! fuck me. how bum-clenchingly patronising. considering eastern europe actually has some experience of oppressive government outside books they read for coursework before dropping out (and i thought dropping out was out of fashion...).

It might not be as "political" but then again who can have a problem with feeding the homeless? It's a pretty safe and good cause. Just be honest about it.
who can have a problem with feeding the homeless? self-appointed politicos sending communiques back from foreign holidays, apparently.

shorty said:
I mean DIY in the sense of, yes, you are doing it yourselves but the question one needs to ask is "Is this encouraging the self activity of others or is it merely a radical form of charity?". You know what I mean?
and the last time one of your internet treatises on neo-wanko-politico-trouserism stirred the downtrodden masses into action was.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back